Thread: What an SEC mess heading into tomorrow and Saturday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    It does matter historically.

Only twice has a Power Conference team been skipped over to pick up two teams. Never has a Power Conference team been skipped over to pick up three teams. If we finish 4th, they aren't going to skip over us to pick up FIVE teams.
    Look I'm no bracketologist, but I can read. The NCAA released a sheet that actually shows the criteria they are looking at for each team. Each committee member is going to get a sheet just like that one for every team. Nowhere on that sheet is conference record nor conference finish. I understand trying to compare historical context, but this is a new set up this year. Would it look bad if A&M got in over State looking at conference records and head to head results? Absolutely. But they don't really care what it looks like. There's always massive debate on the last couple of teams in and this new system is trying to provide transparency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    Look I'm no bracketologist, but I can read. The NCAA released a sheet that actually shows the criteria they are looking at for each team. Each committee member is going to get a sheet just like that one for every team. Nowhere on that sheet is conference record nor conference finish. I understand trying to compare historical context, but this is a new set up this year. Would it look bad if A&M got in over State looking at conference records and head to head results? Absolutely. But they don't really care what it looks like. There's always massive debate on the last couple of teams in and this new system is trying to provide transparency.
    Can you add and subtract? Because they have record and non-conference record on the sheet and I bet the committee members can add and subtract. Maybe they will be so busy they won't bother looking at conference record, or maybe they will just consciously choose to ignore it because that's a policy decision they've made, but provided somebody's resume is not just discarded immediately, it seems likely many of the committee members will be somewhat curious as to conference record, and the info is there if they can subtract.