Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leave Q on the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Not that play in particular. When he traveled when we were up 4, he should’ve dribbled out and been fouled and we win in regulation.
    Agree. But this thread has become about his defense.

Q is about the 4th most talented guy on our roster, but we treat him like he is supposed to be an all American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    No

Just because Eli made tough, contested fast break lay- ups does not mean you want the ball in his hands late. Do you even realize that Q being clutch is arguably the best part of his game?

When has Eli hit a tough jumper?

Not sure your name fits, tbh
    for defense genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    for defense genius.
    So... the if Q is out of the game, what guard is going to take a big shot? Peters is better as a facilitator. That leaves Nick? Again, who is going to take a big shot? I get defense, but you also have to score.

If you score more, you win. Genius.

vCash
    So... the if Q is out of the game, what guard is going to take a big shot? Peters is better as a facilitator. That leaves Nick? Again, who is going to take a big shot? I get defense, but you also have to score.

If you score more, you win. Genius.
    Ever heard of a defensive substitution?

End game against Mizzou: Q drops off his man when not necessary and his man hits the winning 3 in the corner
    End game against Vandy: Q inexplicably leaves the man with the ball and he hits the game winning 3
    End game against South Carolina: Guard blows right by him for the game tying 3.

vCash
    End game scenario, he doubles Silva and gets a huge steal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    End game scenario, he doubles Silva and gets a huge steal
    Yep. And he's a calming precense that can make big shots. But let's replace him with a guy that has shown spurts. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Ever heard of a defensive substitution?

End game against Mizzou: Q drops off his man when not necessary and his man hits the winning 3 in the corner
    End game against Vandy: Q inexplicably leaves the man with the ball and he hits the game winning 3
    End game against South Carolina: Guard blows right by him for the game tying 3.
    So what do you do when you are out of timeouts (like we were)?

Genius

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The guy blew by Q like he wasn?t even there. He could have done a much better job of making sure he got a foul call. What he did was awful and damn near cost us the game. Especially after his turnover up 4 with 25 seconds left
    I think Peters actually fell down and He was to be the one to foul ole Red. Q fouled Him and the Refs did not call it. What is the argument, his job was to foul him and he did. Q made some mistakes but he also made huge plays to win the Game. I still don't get the Q bashing. I want him to have the ball at crunch time. Also maybe you noticed he had 4 steals, and made some big time free throws.plus he get the rebound when we need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoplectic View Post
    And we win by ten if we had two nicks instead of one nick and one Q
    Double down on stupid. Good. There is one nick. But I'm glad we have q.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He didnt foul him- the ref didnt call it.

And I certainly agree with that part of your post
    What was the call on Peters the play before? Same play.

vCash
    My problem is blaming Q at the end of the game peters is by the guy at 4.2 with us up 1. No foul called there the game is over. We hit 2 free throws go up 3. Q makes the same play and no foul called. They hit the 3. Why are we bashing our guys??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    I don?t care what his numbers are. If you watch our games, you can tell he?s not a very good defender.
    Please shut the **** up. You are maybe the worst MSU fan on this board. We heard what you said the first time. Saying the same shit 100 more times doesn't make you right. The majority of people on this board with an ounce of basketball IQ, think you are ignorant, and I think they would be correct.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    My problem is blaming Q at the end of the game peters is by the guy at 4.2 with us up 1. No foul called there the game is over. We hit 2 free throws go up 3. Q makes the same play and no foul called. They hit the 3. Why are we bashing our guys??
    Because we have the worst fans ever. A select few would rather be right rather than be wrong and us succeed. It's truly sad

vCash
    ^^^^^^^^^this

vCash
    Bottom line... we won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Because we have the worst fans ever. A select few would rather be right rather than be wrong and us succeed. It's truly sad
    Exactly! Don’t blame the guys for inconsistency by the officials.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Please shut the **** up. You are maybe the worst MSU fan on this board. We heard what you said the first time. Saying the same shit 100 more times doesn't make you right. The majority of people on this board with an ounce of basketball IQ, think you are ignorant, and I think they would be correct.
    The only ones against me are the ones that think Q hung the moon. No, I’m one of the more realistic posters on this board. I mean you are an idiot when it comes to basketball. I said earlier that I’m done talking about this, BUT YOU WANT TO CALL ME OUT! I’m no expert, BUT I HAVE SENSE. Its okay to say our guys aren’t perfect. I know I seem like I’m bashing Q, but I’m not. I expect more from him- he is supposed to be the leader of this team. He is supposed to be our leader. I gave him props in the game thread. Like I said, make him prove me wrong, and I’ll never bash him again. I PROMISE!

vCash
    Why would I want him or anyone on our team to fail? I support anyone who wears a state jersey/ uniform. If it makes y’all feel better, I won’t say anything bad about him AGAIN. I’m dropping it. I just want us to win and get to the NCAA tourney.
    At the end of the day, we’re all state fans and have the same goal- to see Ms state succeed in any and all sports. Hail State!

vCash
    It’s a 40 minute game, sometimes 45. We weren’t playing against air. Mistakes made?? Of course. Everyone play perfect? Nope? Did we battle and win a game we absolutely sucked for the first 15 minutes? Yep!the last 5 years we fold up and quit after that start. We are a team that fights and plays hard! Every play? Hell no but we are getting closer than we ever have. I’m proud of the way each has fought! Wish we could appreciate the effort

vCash
    He fouled him. The refs just blew the call, yet they called a touch fall on Carter and the guy shooting the 3

Y'all need to give Q a break. He is what he is- a solid player that makes us good.

Edit to add:
    You can say he should have fouled him "harder," but then you risk an intentional foul and he did enough to get what was called a foul all day. Can't fault him for doing his job.
    My thoughts exactly. The refs should?ve called the foul but they didn?t. I thought the refs were harder on Q tonight than anyone else on the floor.
    It?s great to see Wright take the ball strong to the basket on those three possession. Other people saying that he should take minutes from Q are stretching it but it?s great to see depth on our bench. Lack of depth has plagued us for years.