Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
Their fans expect more and they should. That football team should be destroying Alabama. Bama is splitting resources with Auburn in state while LSU has every single political advantage in the state of Louisiana. I’m sure y’all are all familiar with how their stadium was built!?!?! Right? They have the money. They just actively chose as a school to deemphasize football because the academic side of the institution was going bankrupt. Think about that... when the school is in financial straights they decided to tighten the rope of the athletic department because of optics. The private donations pay for the coach. It’s a completely separate budget, but they still chose to not go spend money when they had a chance to take the next step. One more time just in case it’s not sinking in yet... they turned down free money that would’ve provided a financial boost to their university while they’re going bankrupt. Because of political optics. Honestly their fans deserve better.
I'm probably one of few, but I agree with them. It's a learning institution first, athletics second or ever farther down the list. Optics is important.