Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Battle of the Bulldogs Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Battle of the Bulldogs Edition

The real Bulldogs get game 1 and don't forget Mother's Day on Sunday. Cheers to a great weekend gents

vCash
    My momma's gone to heaven, but I'm taking my wife to Copelands for the brunch.

vCash
    Here's a great Mother's Day gift idea.
    Lingerie with matching oven mitts.
    You'll damn sure find out if she has a sense of humor.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Doing something off the wall tonite....prime strips baked potato and red wine.

Tomorrow lots of crawfish at a party. Sunday I'm doing my ribs. Moms are pumped

vCash
    Ordinary ribeyes tonight. What we call pork wrapped pork tomorrow. That's pork loin medallions wrapped in applewood smoked bacon done on the grill. Purple hull peas with smoked sausage and grilled red potatoes on the side. Saturday's fair is something of specialty of the house. It's a Mother's Day feast for one side of the family.

vCash
    Chicago deep dish pizza with sausage, pepperoni and mushrooms accompanied with a Bernardus Pinot Noir

vCash
    Hamburgers and The Champagne of Beers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Hamburgers and The Champagne of Beers.
    Ok on the burgers, but the BEER? YUCK. You drink great scotch, why not great beer? Monkeynaught from Straight to Ale, Dirty Bastard from Founders, and a limited Triple Hop from Sierra Nevada tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ok on the burgers, but the BEER? YUCK. You drink great scotch, why not great beer? Monkeynaught from Straight to Ale, Dirty Bastard from Founders, and a limited Triple Hop from Sierra Nevada tonight.
    I drink good beer all the time, homie....but sometimes I've got to slum it a bit for nostalgia's sake.

I'm drinking some sherry cask Glenmorangie right now, though, if that earns me back a point or two

vCash
    I drink good beer all the time, homie....but sometimes I've got to slum it a bit for nostalgia's sake.

I'm drinking some sherry cask Glenmorangie right now, though, if that earns me back a point or two
    LOL on the beer. More than a point or two on the Glenmorangie! Not my taste of course, needs more smoke, but I'm up enough on the rest of Scotland to know that's a respected one, and then some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    LOL on the beer. More than a point or two on the Glenmorangie! Not my taste of course, needs more smoke, but I'm up enough on the rest of Scotland to know that's a respected one, and then some.
    Yeah, you know I prefer the smokier ones too, but I felt like mixing it up with a double cask. I had the port cask and the rum cask from Glenmorangie, years ago; both were great, and this one didn't disappoint either.

vCash
    Fish Whistle IPAs

vCash
    Yeah, you know I prefer the smokier ones too, but I felt like mixing it up with a double cask. I had the port cask and the rum cask from Glenmorangie, years ago; both were great, and this one didn't disappoint either.
    Have you ever had an Ardbeg? My wife has given me one, and a great one, for Christmas the last two years. They were different versions but both were incredible! Islay of course.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Burger King grilled chkn sandwhich and sprite.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    ********~

vCash
    Bacon and cream cheese wrapped Axis Tenderloin with a Lone Star beverage today.

Cilantro lime flank steak tortillas with a Lone Star beverage tomorrow.

vCash
    Ribs, slaw, and high life for dinner. Cookout at a buddies house. Now it's early bed time since mama wants early mass on Mother's Day

vCash
    No grilling! Memphis in may gets started this week. I'll get all the grill food I can stand. I'm having bourbon tonight!
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Ribs, slaw, and high life for dinner.
    Word.