Thread: Does Ray have any expectations, or does he get a pass forever?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The story I got was Ray inherited a cluster and was told to clean it up. He was guaranteed at least 4 years because of the state of the program with people leaving, drugs, lack of work ethic, etc....Year 1 was an absolute throw away and not even looked at as counting against him. So this is considered "year 2"

Now that tune may change when the heavy hitters storm Keenum's office- but that's the only way it's going to change. Strick aint firing him unless he Keenum demands it
    I can see him having the first year as a throw away given what he inherited and the injury situation. That seems natural. But I can't see any way we guaranteed 4 years. It would be stupid on so many levels, not the least of which invites procrastination and removes the urgency to win and win now. Now, we obviously guaranteed that we would pay him for 4 years given the initial contract -- so I can see where people are taking that and changing the application a little in order to push a "Stricklin is just like LT" agenda.

Year 1 throw away. Injuries and drugs.
    Year 2 -- on Ray. Letting Lewis and Steele fester into this second year -- instead of sending them on their way and filling those scholarships is on him. Playing as shorthanded as we did is on him. You can excuse one or two individual cases. But when half the team is gone or ineligible in year 2 -- it's at his feet.
    Year 3 -- beaten to death already.

We'll see what happens. No one is happy -- and it's even more disheartening when you start to show signs of being decent, start to buy in, and then have the rug pulled from under you in the most painful of ways. Last night was painful.
    Last edited by engie; 02-11-2015 at 04:29 PM.