Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
Nucanoe is a good boat. Nothing but great reviews. I've never been on one but KC vs Nucanoe really comes to one thing rotomolded polyethylene (Nucanoe) vs thermoformed ABS (KC). The Nucanoe will be a bit sturdier & heavier while the KC will be lighter but a little more prone to a crack if you take a big impact from dropping or whatever. The ABS is more resistant to oyster and ramp rash though where the polyethylene will get nicked up. I think most yak guys would say they prefer the durability of the rotomolded polyethylene. What won me over to KC and eased any concern about the ABS is the fact that they are in Baton Rouge and will fix it for you should you have an issue. Those guys stand behind their product. When I looked at it and really prodded and pressed on it, the KC ABS is much more sturdy than my old Ascend and some other kayaks I looked at (FS Shadow Caster & Perlican Catch/Enforcer). At 64lbs I can move it around easily. Most high-end kayaks are rotomolded polyethylene.
right now my draw to Nucanoe is the option of adding a bow mounted trolling motor. My ultimate goal there would be to add one of the remote motors and use a wireless foot pedal with it to keep my hands free. Downer of that set-up is my weight would be well over 100lbs at that point so it would make loading and unloading a beast.