Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
Maybe y’all did drink more and more shit happened around the country, but because it was pre-internet, iPhone, social media, etc., it wasn’t a story outside of the college town it occurred in. Now if a 18 year old dies from hazing at se Montana st, we all know about it within a few hours.

And i mean, you also seem to imply that people are bigger pussies these days, so they are dying or being hospitalized over drinking in excess, like their genetic makeup and body’s ability to process excessive amounts of alcohol is something people can control, which simply isn’t the case. The problem also arises when you have a couple dumbasses in the frat doing the hazing and don’t realize (or care) someone has reached a limit. They keep forcing alcohol into some pledge even after his body is rejecting it and is vomiting everywhere.
No, I was pointing out that the drinking isn't any worse than when was there, I wouldn't think.

. I was saying it to see what others thought the problem was with deaths and hospital visits these days, unlike back then.

I can never remember anyone at State, when I was there, dying or having to go too the hospital because of just drinking.

So are they drinking more? Or is it because they are taking some type of substance AND drinking?