Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welp. Looks like more bad baseball news on the horizon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Cmon dude. Henderson helped Cohen win the SEC at Kentucky and has been a major college coach for awhile. Henderson got chosen to help coach a national team as well by his peers. He isnt a Little League Daddy pretending to be a coach because he played Little League too.
    I agree about Henderson. He seems to be the fall guy for this year. I think considering the injuries on the pitching staff that Henderson has done a bang up job whether the pitchers like him or not

vCash
    Talk to a pitcher on the staff. They'd rather have Johnson back in a heartbeat, even as bad as y'all talk about him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree about Henderson. He seems to be the fall guy for this year. I think considering the injuries on the pitching staff that Henderson has done a bang up job whether the pitchers like him or not
    I think it's more a situation where he was going to be with Cohen whom he was comfortable with and then all of a sudden Cohen becomes AD and now he's with a head coach who doesn't really know him. Even worse, I think UK fired Henderson unfairly to be honest with you. It's a chemistry issue more than anything.

It's like Dan and Torbush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    TBA but I'd guess Billingsley. Could be Cyr too.
    Well, ya see...

vCash
    Cann needs to chill though. I get he wants to show that's he's serious but kicking off a promising healthy pitcher for something fairly small in my opinion is a little much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    Cann needs to chill though. I get he wants to show that's he's serious but kicking off a promising healthy pitcher for something fairly small in my opinion is a little much.
    What is 'something fairly small'?

vCash
    Basically the same thing OM's captains got suspended two games for.

vCash
    No, not when you commit small things multiple times on a 3 strike policy. At some point, there has to be a breaking point. And as a young coach, if you say 3 strikes and you give 4, the rest of the team picks up on it, and then Katy bar the door.

I do hope our fans will go easy on the guy though. From all accounts he is a great kid that just made too many small mistakes. Hate it, but rules is rules.

The star player will be fine, but needs to set a better example and lead off the field too...not just on it.

And let's be real, you come out and play good baseball and win...some of these things may get a pass. So either way, it's on the players. And this will lead to some guys getting a chance to step up. Either way, one positive is we will have a lot more experience next year, ha.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-20-2017 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Basically the same thing OM's captains got suspended two games for.
    What did OM's captains get suspended for?

vCash
    Curfew. And that's a good point because last year the half of the team would be in the district the night before every game and they were sec champs. I guess when you win you overlook things a little more

vCash
    Curfew. And that's a good point because last year the half of the team would be in the district the night before every game and they were sec champs. I guess when you win you overlook things a little more
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with our players going out after a loss. They need to have a life and be college kids at some point too and I think trying to hold them back from that sometimes can cause more problems and friction.

vCash
    Honestly, I don't have a problem with our players going out after a loss. They need to have a life and be college kids at some point too and I think trying to hold them back from that sometimes can cause more problems and friction.
    I agree with you T.

vCash
    I agree with that unless say, it's when we are on a road series and the team has a hotel curfew. Wouldn't you agree? I totally think the players should be able to go out after a game for a little while in Starkville...although I still think they should respect curfew.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 03-21-2017 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    The book Cohen won't be writing after this season:

"Dynasty Baseball - Going Back to Back in the SEC"

vCash
    ****ing coastal Carolina has a national title and we are 3 ******* years away from maybe sneaking into a regional again. Think about that. Fresno ****ing st has a natty and we can't piece together more than maybe 1 contender every 3-4 years then have to go thru a full rebuild. It's pathetic, there's no excuses for being where we are now with our resources, fan support, and history, especially being so ****ing close to a title in 2013, took 3 years to rebuild a contender and we ****ed up in the regionals, and now we are looking at a 3 year rebuild to maybe make a regional. Terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    It's true, but no one knows why just yet. Also, one of the star players on this team is supposedly suspended. And another pitcher reportedly rolled an ankle today at practice.

Expect a lot of turnover after the year. Coaches, players, etc.
    Mullen to State?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    This year is a waste anyway, might as well use it to build a foundation of discipline if nothing else. I say that without knowing the offense(s), but rules are rules and the program will be better in the long run if players know there are consequences if you break them.

vCash
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I agree with that unless say, it's when we are on a road series and the team has a hotel curfew. Wouldn't you agree? I totally think the players should be able to go out after a game for a little while in Starkville...although I still think they should respect curfew.
    I agree. The road is different than Starkville. You have to have a curfew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    I don't know if discipline was an issue before or Cann is just an hard ass, but some of the players hate him.
    I bet the ones that hate him are the ones who can't/won't follow the rules.....