Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
And like I just said Hujsak started back toward the bag and the turned and started trotting home. At that point it's too late for the 3b coach to do anything. And he wasn't halfway when he got picked. Please watch the replay and you'll see. It's why Lemonis said in the postgame nobody feels worse about this than Connor(he did not mention cheese), and said he won't make that mistake again. I like you a lot but the only way cheese prevents this is by tackling him and he ain't fast enough. Trust me I've coached third for more than 2 decades this is all on the runner.
Thanks for further explanation. Not only do you explain things from a coach's perspective as well as a fan, I appreciate your kind words which brought a smile to my face. True state fans want us to be our best possible in all sports. Our group and those around us as fans are prone to do and lost it after this play "among a few others". I don't think i've met a true state fan that I didn't like, it takes guts to be one. So glad my late superdawg dad raised me hardcore as I have my son. Heck, I would watch state play tiddlywinks, especially if it was against ole miss and want to win every play and game! Hail State!