Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2284

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    I thought this class was supposed to be 30+ players? what happened?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I thought this class was supposed to be 30+ players? what happened?
    Less attrition than thought but it was the surprise mid year signees of Abram, Cole and Rivers that has also changed our board. Depending on who signs it will probably be around 26-28 players signing. Someone very connected correct me on those numbers if I'm off.

vCash
    Oliver just decommitted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Oliver just decommitted.
    Gay has always been very imporatant. He just became absolutely vital.

vCash
    It seems to be that if we're gonna run a 3-4, LBs should be more of a priority. We have 2 commits if you consider sweat an olb. How many LBs are still on the board?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Less attrition than thought but it was the surprise mid year signees of Abram, Cole and Rivers that has also changed our board. Depending on who signs it will probably be around 26-28 players signing. Someone very connected correct me on those numbers if I'm off.
    We have the room. But it will be a small senior class so we need to save spots for 2018. Need to keep good class balance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We have the room. But it will be a small senior class so we need to save spots for 2018. Need to keep good class balance.
    That's very true also

vCash
    We need to get more quality than just quantity..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not really, but I hear you. LB is one position I never worry about at MSU. It's the same for Rb.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-16-2017 at 12:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Not really, buthe I hear got. LB is one position I never worry about at MSU. It's the same or Rb
    We had a bad LB group last year and were bad at RB for a year and a half till aeris emerged. LB problems could've been more bc of defensive philosophy charge, but still

vCash
    Ari or IYOK, y'all care to give us your best guesses on who we finish out the class with and how confident you feel with each? I know y'all have stated earlier in the thread some ideas, but with recommits and some targets committing elsewhere I wanted to see if y'all had any updates.

vCash
    We had a bad LB group last year and were bad at RB for a year and a half till aeris emerged. LB problems could've been more bc of defensive philosophy charge, but still
    I'm interested to see Erroll at ILB since he played DE in high school for the most part. Saban even recruited him and compared him to Courtney Upshaw..... should be interesting to see.

vCash
    Erroll was an absolute animal in high school.

It does suck to lose a guy as promising as Oliver, though. I think he could be very solid in a couple of years. I suppose this class could still finish top 25, if we land Gay.

vCash
    Well I was wrong about Odom, his tweets were very leading, though.

Ari is right, however, that we need quality depth. Shouldn't offer guys just to fill spots. We have the lead on the top LB in the state next year in Will Robinson from Hattiesburg.

Speaking of Hattiesburg, Ari/IYOK what are your guys thoughts on us passing Jordan Murphy? Also any shot at Fabian Franklin or Jarveon Howard?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    I'm interested to see Erroll at ILB since he played DE in high school for the most part. Saban even recruited him and compared him to Courtney Upshaw..... should be interesting to see.
    He played DE his Jr year. His Sr year he played LB.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Well I was wrong about Odom, his tweets were very leading, though.

Ari is right, however, that we need quality depth. Shouldn't offer guys just to fill spots. We have the lead on the top LB in the state next year in Will Robinson from Hattiesburg.

Speaking of Hattiesburg, Ari/IYOK what are your guys thoughts on us passing Jordan Murphy? Also any shot at Fabian Franklin or Jarveon Howard?
    Murphy is a slot guy & we have a ton of slot guys. Yea I think we can get Franklin or Howard.

vCash
    Keep an eye on the LSU LB board. I personally think we are fine, but I keep hearing that LSU is slow playing him while going after Phillips and Ellis.

I think we end up getting some good news on signing day (assuming he waits that long), but after last year's finish I'm still suffering from PTSDD. (Post Traumatic Signing Day Disorder)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Keep an eye on the LSU LB board. I personally think we are fine, but I keep hearing that LSU is slow playing him while going after Phillips and Ellis.

I think we end up getting some good news on signing day (assuming he waits that long), but after last year's finish I'm still suffering from PTSDD. (Post Traumatic Signing Day Disorder)
    Not only on LB position, but WR and RB.. things will get very interesting next few weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not only on LB position, but WR and RB.. things will get very interesting next few weeks.
    So it wasn't just 'crootin hyperbole that we are going to "shock the world" on signing day? I had chalked it up to just that, until this quote and IYOK's thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He played DE his Jr year. His Sr year he played LB.
    I guess you missed where I said, for the most part. He also played on the punt team and was unstoppable in fake punts running the ball.