Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
The youth movement to rural areas suffers from some the same issues that inner-city kids face. Economics, program availability, and transportation. It is something actually being addressed here locally by one of our own - Darius Slay. He helps fund this program started by his cousin http://www.coastaloutreachsoccer.com...x?tabid=395369 and uses soccer as the cornerstone of his afterschool program. Morgan Brian from the USWNT is from here and also has been involved some.

For a small city, we are lucky to have produced some high profile athletes who are giving back to the community through kids programs - Slay, Brian, Adam Wainwright, Kwame Brown, and Davis Love III all step up whenever asked.
No doubt. But like I said, we've got to find some way of addressing the problem. I think JR High & HS soccer might be part of the answer, but that's pretty late for kids to be starting. Honestly, it's just something that came to my mind and would like to see discussed. I don't expect "us" here on ED to solve the issue. A whole lot of people who are smarter than me haven't figured out a way yet. Just an obvious, glaring issue I see. If it could ever be addressed, we'd unlock an insanely large talent pool.