Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
Old family land in Becker Bottom. The old ?if it?s brown it?s down? people around us finally got too old and decrepit to hunt the last two years and the deer are much better and more plentiful. Used to find a ton of small bucks along property lines. Made me sick. We don?t shoot anything you can?t see antlers without a scope. And then don?t shoot unless it?s an 8 or better. I personally don?t like shooting anything that looks questionable.
I live on the other side of the river. You are always going to have the problem of people who can't not pull the trigger. I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to shoot a buck unless it was better than the last one, I have just about put myself out of the buck business. I haven't killed 5 bucks in the last 15 years but the ones I did kill were good ones, to top the last 2 I'm probably going to have to go to Texas or Iowa for a realistic opportunity. It's hard to get up at 5 am and go sit in the cold when most days I could shoot a doe out my kitchen window.