Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

vCash
    I have no idea who would be king. I think the Sparrow's plan is for Tommen to be stripped of his kingship since he's not really Roberts child and with the church and kingdom being combined it would give power to him. He's playing the long con here. Acts like he doesn't want anything except to worship the gods, but he's actually playing everyone and is about to be at the top of the damn food chain. None of it will matter though because Cersei is going to burn him alive before she dies. The Mountain may do it. He's going to turn someone into a puddle of goo, it's just a matter of time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Why do you think that? I'm starting to think its Tommen myself. He also just signed his own death wish. Cersei is going to be found guilty of incest, Tommen will be a bastard and not the king, Sparrow will overthrow him
    Here is a list of candidates. I think it's The Hound because whoever kills Cersei is going to have to take out The Mountain/Robert Strong. No one on that list is bad enough to do that except The Hound. And they've pretty much hinted from the start that Hound & Mountain are going to fight at some point. He's also The Mountain's "little brother," which fits the prophecy.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Here is a list of candidates. I think it's The Hound because whoever kills Cersei is going to have to take out The Mountain/Robert Strong. No one on that list is bad enough to do that except The Hound. And they've pretty much hinted from the start that Hound & Mountain are going to fight at some point. He's also The Mountain's "little brother," which fits the prophecy.
    You know of course that I've been sold on the Hound for some time.

Oh, and don't forget...screw GRRM
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Yeah, but the whole valonqar prophecy is book only. I'm 99% sure Maggy never said anything about the Volanqar in the show. With it being left out I don't think they are going to incorporate it into the tv series, but let her kill herself or die in some other fashion. I do think that there's a good chance that a trial by combat between the two will happen in the books, but the Hound is headed north with the BWB to help Jon against the WW's in the show. He's not going anywhere near KL and the Mountain isn't leaving KL.

vCash
    So maybe Cersi sets Kings Landing on fire and Jamie is there to kill her before she burns to death.

vCash
    Does anyone not think we are about to see Lady Stoneheart (Catelyn Stark)? With Dondarrion and his red priest making a re-appearance, she is with them in the book....The Hound, Lady Stoneheart, Men Without Banners, and somehow Ayra fixing to meet up and head north.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rolodawg View Post
    Does anyone not think we are about to see Lady Stoneheart (Catelyn Stark)? With Dondarrion and his red priest making a re-appearance, she is with them in the book....The Hound, Lady Stoneheart, Men Without Banners, and somehow Ayra fixing to meet up and head north.
    How many times do we have to answer this? The producers have said repeatedly that Catelyn is completely dead in the show and will not be reappearing as Stoneheart. My head might explode if I have to answer this question again.

My guess is Dondarrion is likely filling her role on the tv show, since he's deader than a hammer in the books. As I've been saying for a few seasons now, the books and the show have significantly diverged. We're still going to get to roughly the same ending, but how we're getting there is very different. I linked an article in this very thread where the producers addressed the differences and said it was intentional.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I am interested to see where Arya shows up. I wonder if she goes to Kings Landing or to Winterfell.

vCash
    How many times do we have to answer this? The producers have said repeatedly that Catelyn is completely dead in the show and will not be reappearing as Stoneheart. My head might explode if I have to answer this question again.

My guess is Dondarrion is likely filling her role on the tv show, since he's deader than a hammer in the books. As I've been saying for a few seasons now, the books and the show have significantly diverged. We're still going to get to roughly the same ending, but how we're getting there is very different. I linked an article in this very thread where the producers addressed the differences and said it was intentional.
    Are you just an angry person that sits at a computer all day long playing video games, blessed with a little dick, acne filled face, and never goes out? When I read your post/s, I imagine Cartman in the South Park episode where he sits and plays games all night and day long and has his mom come with a bowl and catch his poop.

I do, however, want to apologize to you personally though......Sorry for making you post again on something you have already covered. Sorry for putting something in this thread of my own opinion that you do not agree, I obviously do not have the knowledge on this subject that you have. Also and early apology for making you type up this long rebuttal to this post, I may be away form the computer and wanted to go ahead and get it out of the way.

By the way, you think Lady Stoneheart is coming back.?.?.?.

Last thing.....I am typing this, smiling and laughing out loud that I am actually arguing with someone on the internet. Damn that Al Gore for inventing this tool of the devil!

vCash
    Even though they've said she isn't coming back dozens of times, they also said Jon was dead and the actor even had I tell other cast mates he wasn't coming back. The girl who plays Sansa wrote him a big letter and everyone truly believed he was dead. So, you can't rule anything out. Do I think she's coming back? No. I think it's too late in the story and we've already had two people come back this season. Plus, they really seem to hate spending money on cgi (we never see dragons, direwolves of WW's).

vCash
    I am not sure how much she would add to the story now. I think the Brotherhood is going north to help in the real war, I don't think it will matter who is in charge.

vCash
    Are you just an angry person that sits at a computer all day long playing video games, blessed with a little dick, acne filled face, and never goes out? When I read your post/s, I imagine Cartman in the South Park episode where he sits and plays games all night and day long and has his mom come with a bowl and catch his poop.

I do, however, want to apologize to you personally though......Sorry for making you post again on something you have already covered. Sorry for putting something in this thread of my own opinion that you do not agree, I obviously do not have the knowledge on this subject that you have. Also and early apology for making you type up this long rebuttal to this post, I may be away form the computer and wanted to go ahead and get it out of the way.

By the way, you think Lady Stoneheart is coming back.?.?.?.

Last thing.....I am typing this, smiling and laughing out loud that I am actually arguing with someone on the internet. Damn that Al Gore for inventing this tool of the devil!
    I'm not angry at all. Just frustrated that people don't take the time to actually read the thread(s) where we've covered some of these topics at length. Opinions are more than welcome. Everyone has their theories when it comes to GoT. I actually enjoy hearing and debating them.

Glad you can determine my mental state from text on a computer screen, though. If I ever need an ace shrink, I'll be sure to look you up. Anyone who can make such on point diagnoses from text on a screen has to be sure enough badass face-to-face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Even though they've said she isn't coming back dozens of times, they also said Jon was dead and the actor even had I tell other cast mates he wasn't coming back. The girl who plays Sansa wrote him a big letter and everyone truly believed he was dead. So, you can't rule anything out. Do I think she's coming back? No. I think it's too late in the story and we've already had two people come back this season. Plus, they really seem to hate spending money on cgi (we never see dragons, direwolves of WW's).
    But did anyone who isn't a very casual fan actually believe that? I certainly didn't. As for the actors, they don't know any more than you or I. They find out when they do script readings. Very little is told to them too far ahead of time. If the theory almost all of us subscribe to is indeed proven to be correct, Jon is 1 of the 3 heads of the dragon and TPTWP. If he were to be completely killed, then the entire world of Men is screwed. Same if Rhaegar was TPTWP and he's truly dead, depending on which theory you believe.

vCash
    Can you help me out with the TPTWP acronym? It may be in the thread, too lazy to go back.

vCash
    Can you help me out with the TPTWP acronym? It may be in the thread, too lazy to go back.
    The prince that was promised. I get them confused myself because there is several that could be the same person or different such as the stallion who mounts the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    The prince that was promised. I get them confused myself because there is several that could be the same person or different such as the stallion who mounts the world.
    Fairly certain The Stallion Who Mounts the World was different altogether. TPTWP is specifically related to the defeat of The Others/White Walkers. The Stallion was just supposed to be the ultimate Dothraki conqueror, if memory serves. And it was supposedly going to be Dany's baby with Drogo, but we all know how that turned out.

ETA: You're probably thinking about Azor Ahai as being another possible TPTWP. Those prophecies seem to have a whole lot in common. Wouldn't be surprised if they do wind up being the same, but wouldn't be surprised if they're totally different. GRRM has thrown so much shit against the wall, good luck figuring out what matters and what's a red herring outside of a few key elements like Jon and Dany. But that's what makes it so much fun!
    Last edited by War Machine Dawg; 06-17-2016 at 11:27 AM.

vCash
    Fairly certain The Stallion Who Mounts the World was different altogether. TPTWP is specifically related to the defeat of The Others/White Walkers. The Stallion was just supposed to be the ultimate Dothraki conqueror, if memory serves. And it was supposedly going to be Dany's baby with Drogo, but we all know how that turned out.

ETA: You're probably thinking about Azor Ahai as being another possible TPTWP. Those prophecies seem to have a whole lot in common. Wouldn't be surprised if they do wind up being the same, but wouldn't be surprised if they're totally different. GRRM has thrown so much shit against the wall, good luck figuring out what matters and what's a red herring outside of a few key elements like Jon and Dany. But that's what makes it so much fun!
    Didn't Dany say she was the Stallion who mounts the world in her Naked speech with the hut on fire? What is the actual difference in the prophecy of TPTWP and Azor Ahai? It has been awhile but I think I read where it sounded like maybe one was Dany and the other Jon Snow.

I am sure some people are going to be pissed because there is no way GRRM actually wraps up all the loose ends. It is going to be like the show Lost where you get a half ass explanation for 3/4 of it. At least we got the answer to Hodor even though it is horrific.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Didn't Dany say she was the Stallion who mounts the world in her Naked speech with the hut on fire? What is the actual difference in the prophecy of TPTWP and Azor Ahai? It has been awhile but I think I read where it sounded like maybe one was Dany and the other Jon Snow.

I am sure some people are going to be pissed because there is no way GRRM actually wraps up all the loose ends. It is going to be like the show Lost where you get a half ass explanation for 3/4 of it. At least we got the answer to Hodor even though it is horrific.
    We actually don't know much about the actual TPTWP prophecy. i think there was a bit where Maester Aemon thought it was Dany, as the translation could be Prince or Princess due to the Valyrian word being genderless. Does this mean the prophesy was Valyrian? perhaps from the same Targaryan princess that foresaw the Doom and convinced her family to move to Dragonstone? I think it's Jon though. "Promise me, Ned".

"the dragon shall have three heads" appears to have come from Rhaegar. there's still a lot there we don't know. he loved books as a child, and seems to have read something that caused him to believe he needed to be a knight.

Azor Ahai is a belief of the followers of R'holler, that a hero ended the Long Night by forging Lightbringer (via sacrifice) and defeating the Others. They believe he will be reborn to repeat history.

I woudln't be so sure about Lady Stoneheart. I can see the showrunners intending to leave her out, but her being more open to coming back (career-wise) now, and now that they have just said screw it and left GRRM behind then they may have come up with a plan to actually use her. I can understand them not using her when there was nothing for her to do, but now there could be in Season 7. The hard part though is the timing, as either she was risen long ago, or gets risen after a loooooooooooooong time decomposing. you know there will be a huge Oh Shit moment to end this season, and i don't see what else it could be. the Wall falling maybe? wait, we STILL haven't seen the end of the TOJ scene. the only reason to delay it this long would be.......twins.

vCash
    Just thought of something, wtf is up with Dorne? They were in one episode. I really want the 'bad poosy' and the other ****s to die. I'd be fine with that being the last we ever see of them though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    We actually don't know much about the actual TPTWP prophecy. i think there was a bit where Maester Aemon thought it was Dany, as the translation could be Prince or Princess due to the Valyrian word being genderless. Does this mean the prophesy was Valyrian? perhaps from the same Targaryan princess that foresaw the Doom and convinced her family to move to Dragonstone? I think it's Jon though. "Promise me, Ned".

"the dragon shall have three heads" appears to have come from Rhaegar. there's still a lot there we don't know. he loved books as a child, and seems to have read something that caused him to believe he needed to be a knight.

Azor Ahai is a belief of the followers of R'holler, that a hero ended the Long Night by forging Lightbringer (via sacrifice) and defeating the Others. They believe he will be reborn to repeat history.

I woudln't be so sure about Lady Stoneheart. I can see the showrunners intending to leave her out, but her being more open to coming back (career-wise) now, and now that they have just said screw it and left GRRM behind then they may have come up with a plan to actually use her. I can understand them not using her when there was nothing for her to do, but now there could be in Season 7. The hard part though is the timing, as either she was risen long ago, or gets risen after a loooooooooooooong time decomposing. you know there will be a huge Oh Shit moment to end this season, and i don't see what else it could be. the Wall falling maybe? wait, we STILL haven't seen the end of the TOJ scene. the only reason to delay it this long would be.......twins.
    Ho. Lee. Shit. I've never thought of that angle. We all assume that Jon was an only child and Lyanna forced Ned to raise Jon as his own, because she knew Robert would kill any child of Rhaegar's, even if it was her child as well. But who the hell would a twin be? Certainly not Dany. It's very much established she's Rhaegar's sister. And there's no one floating around with any of the classic Stark physical features that seems to be important. You also would have to assume Howland Reed took the other kid and dropped it off with a different noble family. But there's no hint of an unexplained adoption or bastard for the important houses, other than Jon. We need Bear to weigh in on this theory. It's making my mind hurt.
    Last edited by War Machine Dawg; 06-18-2016 at 12:29 AM.