Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Boston Tea Party Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Boston Tea Party Edition

Well my weekend is going to be miserable. I have a bunch of work to do that will keep me all the way until Saturday night. Only bright spot is Germanfest this weekend in G'stadt.

vCash
    Homecoming Dance is tonight even though the game isn't until next Friday - someone didn't try to book space at our convention center until too late.

Anyway, I'm going to kick out a little early to shine my shotgun so I can make an impression when my daughter's date arrives to pick her up.

vCash
    Union Jack IPA on San Francisco Bay

vCash
    Enjoying a Chandeleur Porter. It's pretty good. I will definitely be buying more. Gonna hit the river in the morning searching for Geese...jig some crappie....collect some persimmons.

vCash
    Speck, throw dat yak in da bay

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Speck, throw dat yak in da bay
    Is it even legal to fish in San Francisco?? The fishing tradition has been culturally appropriated from Native Americans and even then it is cruel to the sensitivities of the fish. Here, have a tofu hot dog on a gluten free bun and some home made chips made from fair trade organic potatoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Is it even legal to fish in San Francisco?? The fishing tradition has been culturally appropriated from Native Americans and even then it is cruel to the sensitivities of the fish. Here, have a tofu hot dog on a gluten free bun and some home made chips made from fair trade organic potatoes.

vCash
    Got a few for the fryer this morning. Should have been after catfish...I had two on that broke off the hooks on my jigs.

I have started dabbling in bourbon bottle trading, and finally landed myself a white whale - Weller 12 year old. This is one fine pour, and I am glad to finally have one in my cabinet.

vCash
    Nice work Sapper. I see some slabs in there

vCash
    Got a few persimmons.

vCash
    Here it is. Possibly the last true summer fish fry, as I have the last of the Summerfest in my fridge now. Will be working on a Smooth Ambler Old Scout Rye next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I wish I had a nickel for every food item with "organic", "gluten free" or some other term in front of the name that I've seen. Some pretty good beers to be had though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Here it is. Possibly the last true summer fish fry, as I have the last of the Summerfest in my fridge now. Will be working on a Smooth Ambler Old Scout Rye next.
    "Always Save" Hot sauce? Are you 17'n kiddin' me!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjones View Post

Haha! Get that man some Crystal.

vCash
    Had an even to work tonight so I just sat down in the man cave dbl fisting a Yuengling light and a 4 roses small batch on the rocks

vCash

vCash

Reminds me of a shitty chow hall at Camp McCain, and it was only $0.50 at Piggly Wiggly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Reminds me of a shitty chow hall at Camp McCain, and it was only $0.50 at Piggly Wiggly.
    Whoah...hold the fark up...You tellin' us that you put "shitty chow hall" hot sauce on your fresh, organic, free range catch!?!??!

I will admit that cheap hot sauce is mostly good...

vCash
    Some brotherly love going on in this thread.��

vCash
    I'm ending the weekend at the Abita Jackson Square Music and Food Fest in Jackson. There's a fine selection of Abita beers and food from Drago's, Acme, Galatoire's and Lucky Dog. I've already seen Southern Komfort Brass Band and the legend Dr. John and the Funky Meters are next. It's a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon and I can still watch Dak tonight and watch the Saints lose another game tomorrow.