Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
I mean, I just disagree, no reason to go back and forth, but I do want to debate one thing - 2015. That was caused by the sophomore class' inability to step up, not a JUCO or anyone else. That was on Dakota Hudson and Zac Houston. With those two guys we avoid the ten or so 8th inning flameouts, and we make a regional.

Really, the only inconsistent year Cohen had was 2015 and it was because of those young pitchers. Hudson and Houston were two high profile signees and we only got one year out of both, guess I could throw Vance Tatum in here too
You're blaming THAT season on two guys that Butch hardly threw and when finally given a chance finished third and fourth on our staff in ERA in SEC play and had better stats that some of the guys we kept trotting out there? Take a gander and Ross Mitchell's and Preston Brown's stats for that year and get back to me. If anything we should have thrown Hudson and Houston more. The fact that one of the best hitters on that team was cut the next year says a lot about that team and what was wrong with it.

Don't look at it as a disagreement as much as it is an education. I believe Cohen knows how to win a National Championship here and the formula for that- which was why he hired Cann. And why he should hire the same type of coach with the exception that he will focus on the baseball team and not his side fling.