Page 86 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    And I was sent a PM basically saying how he couldn’t believe we dropped Reed and that’s what cost us Lovett.

Just so everyone knows.. Reed and Lovett was not / is not a package deal. Period.

vCash
    Ari, are our chances with Lovett over?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Ari, are our chances with Lovett over?
    Sounds to me like we never had a chance. He's been a unm flipmas from the get go. Either to rub more salt in our wound had we lost our bowl game or rain on our parade if we won it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    And I was sent a PM basically saying how he couldn’t believe we dropped Reed and that’s what cost us Lovett.

Just so everyone knows.. Reed and Lovett was not / is not a package deal. Period.
    You need to elaborate bc it seems dropping Reed cost Lovett...I don't see how it could be any other way? Baker is still here and will be his coach. Early playing time is never the ONLY reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    You need to elaborate bc it seems dropping Reed cost Lovett...I don't see how it could be any other way? Baker is still here and will be his coach. Early playing time is never the ONLY reason.
    If you don’t know the answer to this then you should just steer clear of following recruiting

Short answer to the question. Know ur battles and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Sounds to me like we never had a chance. He's been a unm flipmas from the get go. Either to rub more salt in our wound had we lost our bowl game or rain on our parade if we won it.
    I don't believe this.

vCash
    If you don’t know the answer to this then you should just steer clear of following recruiting

Short answer to the question. Know ur battles and move on.
    That tells me what I need to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cary Hudson's little bro View Post
    If Reed and Lovett were a package deal, Reed would be signed with Mississippi now and not Memphis.

vCash
    Because ..??
    We'll have to re recruit him and hope he has the grades this time

vCash
    As far as finishing up our 2018 class, if we want who is IMO the best pound for pound player in the state we should offer Tylan Knight from Pearl. Say whatever you want about his size but coaching against him for 4 years and the plays he made, intangibles and with him winning the MVP of the MS/AL game we should give the kid a shot. He would do nothing but help us wherever we put him, he can play D, return kicks, and play RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We'll have to re recruit him and hope he has the grades this time
    We are fine with Patterson.

vCash
    As far as finishing up our 2018 class, if we want who is IMO the best pound for pound player in the state we should offer Tylan Knight from Pearl. Say whatever you want about his size but coaching against him for 4 years and the plays he made, intangibles and with him winning the MVP of the MS/AL game we should give the kid a shot. He would do nothing but help us wherever we put him, he can play D, return kicks, and play RB
    He is 5'6" & runs a 4.65.

He simply lacks the measurables to play in the SEC.

If he played DB, he would have no way of matching up & why would we want the ball in the hands of a 5'6" guy that doesn't possess great speed.

Knight would have to be a massive exception to turn into a quality SEC player

vCash
    He is 5'6" & runs a 4.65.

He simply lacks the measurables to play in the SEC.

If he played DB, he would have no way of matching up & why would we want the ball in the hands of a 5'6" guy that doesn't possess great speed.

Knight would have to be a massive exception to turn into a quality SEC player
    Ok.

I've seen the kid live for 4 years, even talked to him. He aint 5'6. Hes probably 5'9, 5'10.

I'd say a 4.5, 4.6 is about right but theres a diff in 40 speed and game speed.

Hes a football player, the best one pound for pound in the state.

We will be sitting here in a few yrs wondering why we didnt try

vCash
    Ok.

I've seen the kid live for 4 years, even talked to him. He aint 5'6. Hes probably 5'9, 5'10.

I'd say a 4.5, 4.6 is about right but theres a diff in 40 speed and game speed.

Hes a football player, the best one pound for pound in the state.

We will be sitting here in a few yrs wondering why we didnt try
    I've never seen a roster where the player's size is underestimated. Why him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sscjr1 View Post
    I've never seen a roster where the player's size is underestimated. Why him?
    What roster has him at 5'6? Maxpreps??

Im just telling you, you can look at the kid and tell hes taller than 5'6

vCash
    What roster has him at 5'6? Maxpreps??

Im just telling you, you can look at the kid and tell hes taller than 5'6
    http://www.hudl.com/profile/4770967/tylan-knight

vCash
    Bottom line is if he comes to State it will be as a walk on . Nothing against the kid.
    USM should offer.
    If he wants to play in SEC go Juco route and see what happens.

vCash
    Bottom line is if he comes to State it will be as a walk on . Nothing against the kid.
    USM should offer.
    If he wants to play in SEC go Juco route and see what happens.
    I can agree to that. USM absolutely shouldve offered. They shouldve offered him, Tayler Polk, Gardner Minshew and a few others

vCash
    Go watch him play and tell me there was a better player in the state this year. Without him Pearl doesnt come close to a ring

vCash
    Go watch him play and tell me there was a better player in the state this year. Without him Pearl doesnt come close to a ring
    I hear you, but he's also playing against other high school players.

How would he match up against a guy like AJ Brown or Metcalf? They would beat him with speed & size

Knight may end being an NFL player for all I know, but I also know that it's generally a bad idea to deviate from the profile this much