Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
When did he go against Ole Miss on probation? This year? This last class he put together was one of the best he's put together. The dude develops talent. There is enough talent in Florida that he'll be fine. Heck, they were #14 this year with only 2 months being there. He may never be #1 In recruiting but averaging around #10 will happen at Florida. Again, on top of that he develops talent. He'll be fine.
The question is will Dan's "fine" be good enough at Florida? They just fired a coach who went to the SEC Championship Game twice the past three years.

The reality is Florida wants a Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer type of hire and that to me is why all of this started in the first place. They fired a competent coach to try to hire Chip Kelly. When that didn't work they went after Scott Frost.....and then Mike Gundy....and finally Dan. And that being the reality I'm sure Florida is hoping long term that Dan can leave them in "good shape" until they can try to hire their next splash hire to replace him in three years. I remember saying that there was no way that they would run off McElwain without having someone in place first or it would be incredibly botched. Well, they botched it.

He can sell getting three star talent at MSU because most of realize that we live in a small state population wise and we also realize that many of the recruiting services underrate Mississippi talent. That's not the case in Florida. A three star in Mississippi may be a Johntan Banks type of talent. A three star in Florida is more often than not a Brandon Holloway type of talent.