Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs in MLB updates...

Banned
    vCash

Bulldogs in MLB updates...

Kendall Graveman is projected as the A's #1 starter this year, Chris Stratton is expected to be the Giants #5 starter. Pretty amazing what Graveman has become. Moreland will continue to be in a platoon at 1b for the Red Sox this year. Adam Frazier should continue to see lots of ABs for the Pirates 4th OF and backup 2b. Justin Holder is in the Yankees bullpen again and Jacob Lindgren is expected to break camp in the Braves bullpen. Hunter Renfroe is the Padres 4th OF. Who am I forgetting?

vCash
    Woodruff? Tyler Moore?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Woodruff? Tyler Moore?
    Looks like Woodruff is starting the year in AAA for Brewers and Moore is a free agent still so his career may be winding down.

vCash
    Woodruff probably won't be down long- at least until his super two eligibility expires. I think Dakota Hudson makes it up this year with the Cardinals. Probably in the bullpen but starting is a possibility as well. Rooker could make it with a strong year also but not until September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Kendall Graveman is projected as the A's #1 starter this year, Chris Stratton is expected to be the Giants #5 starter. Pretty amazing what Graveman has become. Moreland will continue to be in a platoon at 1b for the Red Sox this year. Adam Frazier should continue to see lots of ABs for the Pirates 4th OF and backup 2b. Justin Holder is in the Yankees bullpen again and Jacob Lindgren is expected to break camp in the Braves bullpen. Hunter Renfroe is the Padres 4th OF. Who am I forgetting?
    Jonathan Holder**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Jonathan Holder**
    I haven't kept up w holder this spring but I knew his velo was down from 16.

vCash
    Justin in Jonathans little brother. Who probably will be better than him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Justin in Jonathans little brother. Who probably will be better than him.
    We on him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    We on him?
    He is in the 9th grade.

vCash
    Renfroe can destroy lefthanders. But can't hit righthanders. He's destined to platoon unless he figures it out. Strikeout/walk ratio is killing him.

Banned
    vCash
    Graveman was pretty good all along. A guy in college who threw a sinker that most hitters could do nothing with but ground it into the turf and then follow up with fastballs in the low 90's. Felt pretty sure he was headed for success in the pros even while at MSU. But yeah, the top pitcher for the A's is really great for him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Renfroe can destroy lefthanders. But can't hit righthanders. He's destined to platoon unless he figures it out. Strikeout/walk ratio is killing him.
    He's never going to hit for avg. what he can do is hit 25/30 hr. If you want a 275 hitter he's not your guy. Padres should have known this. Some teams deal w it. Some don't or won't. Reds didn't mind Dunn k'd 200 times a year for 40 hr. Same w renfroe. Parallel is the same

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    He's never going to hit for avg. what he can do is hit 25/30 hr. If you want a 275 hitter he's not your guy. Padres should have known this. Some teams deal w it. Some don't or won't. Reds didn't mind Dunn k'd 200 times a year for 40 hr. Same w renfroe. Parallel is the same
    What killed Renfroe is his OBP (.284). Dunn is similar in that both have big power and terrible defense, but Dunn has a career walk rate of 15.8% which resulted in a career .364 obp. Renfroe just cannot get on base enough

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What killed Renfroe is his OBP (.284). Dunn is similar in that both have big power and terrible defense, but Dunn has a career walk rate of 15.8% which resulted in a career .364 obp. Renfroe just cannot get on base enough
    I actually thought Renfroe was one of the better defensive right fielders in the game was he not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    I actually thought Renfroe was one of the better defensive right fielders in the game was he not?
    No. Baseball reference and fangraphs rate him a negative defender in both of his seasons. He was pretty bad according to their ratings last season

vCash
    No. Baseball reference and fangraphs rate him a negative defender in both of his seasons. He was pretty bad according to their ratings last season
    Did they rate anyone as "good"? I'm being serious.

vCash
    Sure.

2017 fangraph dWAR leaders:
    1. Andrelton Simmons
    2. Anthony rendon
    3. Mookie betts
    4. Brandon Crawford
    5. Francisco lindor
    6. Yadier Molina
    7. Corey seagar
    8. JT realmuto
    9. Byron buxton
    10. Didi gregorius
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-13-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Sure.

2017 fangraph dWAR leaders:
    1. Andrelton Simmons
    2. Anthony rendon
    3. Mookie betts
    4. Brandon Crawford
    5. Francisco lindor
    6. Yadier Molina
    7. Corey seagar
    8. JT realmuto
    9. Byron buxton
    10. Didi gregorius
    Not fair to even list these guys. Some of these dudes are HOF type defenders. How did Renfroe rate defensively vs other rookie OFs?

vCash
    Not fair to even list these guys. Some of these dudes are HOF type defenders. How did Renfroe rate defensively vs other rookie OFs?
    Aaron judge = -1.3
    Andrew Benintendi = -3.9
    Manuel Margot = 7.0

Just 3 I could think of off top of my head. To show you how bad Renfroe was...

Renfroe = -11.1
    Matt kemp = -13.9

All dWAR using fangraphs

vCash
    I'll trade dansby for Simmons. BTW Who did we get when we traded Simmons?