Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
Bob Dylan. Great songwriter, horrible performer. Play any of the 3 thousand artist who covered his songs because the cover is better 100% of the time and GNR “Knockin on Heaven’s Door” is included in that assertion
saw Dylan in Madison Square Garden in '86. I've never left a concert more disappointed. one of my favorites, Positively 4th Street. I didn't even know that was what he was playing till it was around 1/2 way through. all he wants to do is play the songs as fast as he can and get the 17 off stage. he's had the media kiss his ass for so long I guess he's got this attitude that he can do whatever he wants and 17 his fans that made him rich. The best thing about the show was to everyone's surprise, Tom Petty joined him about 1/2 through the show and played and sang with him for the remainder.

Having said that, his studio work is amongst my favorite stuff and still listen regularly. The only cover I would consider that topped his original was Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower.

Positively 4th Street, Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, Knocking on Heaven's Door (gotta admit GNR version kicks ass), It ain't me babe, don't think twice it's all right,
Like a rolling stone, Highway 61, Tangled up in Blue, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, She's Mine.

Greatest song writer of all time. hands down and it's not close.