Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
No one ever said there was a hardline stance on winning conf championships. Uga would have the best non-conf win in the country (@ND) and only a bama W over uga in the sec cg would be a better W in or out of conference. Imo if uga loses the sec cg and it’s a close game, then they’ll be in.

The pac 12 has no undefeated teams left, so they’ll need help to get in. I don’t think anyone expects tcu or Miami to run the table, so that means at least a 1 L team comes out of those conferences, so they’d need help. Imo uga goes over 1 L champs for all 3 of those conference without much question so long as they don’t get boat raced by bama.
The "you have to win the conference championship" criteria, even if it wasn't official, was there to stop 2 SEC teams from getting in. I think that if they didn't throw it out the window for OSU last year, they would invoke that excuse to justify leaving UGA out this year outside of if there just aren't 3 other one loss teams in the country. Assuming Notre Dame ends up with 2 or 3 losses

In my scenario, UGA and Notre Dame would obviously be 2 of the top 4 teams in the country. But the bitching from the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and PAC 12 (minus which ever conference's team gets the 4th spot) would be incredible. Which is why I brought it up.