Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowherd gets the LBJ argument

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well if all that is true, then they'd have no problem making the playoffs without LeBron. Thus remdering the argument even more meaningless.
    I think they would absolutely the playoffs without him if those two stayed healthy all year, and especially would since not having him would mean they'd have a nice chunk of change to spend in salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It's mind boggling to me that people still watch the NBA.
    I love basketball, and like the NBA far more than college.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Well if all that is true, then they'd have no problem making the playoffs without LeBron. Thus remdering the argument even more meaningless.
    Irving and Love are not the best supporting cast outside of GS. That's an absolutely ludicrous statement.

HSV,
    You're whole argument that all it shows is who has a better supporting cast is the whole argument. Lebron is a traveling dynasty that takes whoever he's on to the finals. No one else does that. His first appearance with the Cavs was the worst supporting cast in modern history. Worse than AI's 6ers. All of that speaks to his dominance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    Me too. The college product is currently absolute shit. Less talent than years ago and the style of officiating has ruined the game. Teams in the bonus with 10 mins left in the half is laughable. It's mind boggling to me people can watch college basketball these days. It's a horrible product.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Irving and Love are not the best supporting cast outside of GS. That's an absolutely ludicrous statement.

HSV,
    You're whole argument that all it shows is who has a better supporting cast is the whole argument. Lebron is a traveling dynasty that takes whoever he's on to the finals. No one else does that. His first appearance with the Cavs was the worst supporting cast in modern history. Worse than AI's 6ers. All of that speaks to his dominance.
    Who is better???? There is a reason they have blown thru the east and met the Warriors twice in a row and will likely do it again. A lot of that is LeBron, but those are two bonafide all stars and top 5 offensive players in their position in the league.

vCash
    Me too. The college product is currently absolute shit. Less talent than years ago and the style of officiating has ruined the game. Teams in the bonus with 10 mins left in the half is laughable. It's mind boggling to me people can watch college basketball these days. It's a horrible product.
    Agree completely. I hate when people argue against the NBA by saying there is no defense. In the regular season, sure, guys plays off, but a ton of scoring comes from simply unguard-able shots and offense. Even more so in the playoffs.

vCash
    Every player draws fouls. All of them. Part of the game. As far as being the GM publicly, that's been going on since Moses. Elite players pressure uncooperative front offices in the media.
    There is a difference between drawing fouls and flopping.

http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/...epic-flop.html

This was his most recent. It's embarrassing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    There is a difference between drawing fouls and flopping.

http://www.bet.com/news/sports/2017/...epic-flop.html

This was his most recent. It's embarrassing.
    He was down for a good 5 minutes, I think he caught a stinger in the spine there. Even if that is a flop, I couldn't care less. Doesn't diminish you as a player in my mind.

vCash
    I have no idea what Cowterd said. I didn't listen to it or read about it.
    But Here is the bottom line..

Greatest player ever MJ , second is LBJ.
    Just like Barkley said . You put Michael Jordan on any team and they are contenders to win the title. Same for LBJ.
    And NBA has changed since the 80's and 90's.. MJ could and would average 40 or more a game in today's game.
    And if you put LBJ on those teams back in the 80 and 90 the way the game was played, offcited, and the rules he would be just as dominate and have the same numbers and impact as he does today.
    And he is probably the only player in today's game that would have the same success back then.

vCash
    I still think Jordan is better.

Field goal percentage is about the same. Jordan better at free throws. LeBron a better rebounder and passer. Jordan a better defender and more clutch--especially in the playoffs.

But here's what does it for me... Jordan led the NBA in scoring 10 times in 15 seasons. LeBron has only done it once in 14 seasons. Jordan was a 1st team All-defensive selection 9 times, LeBron only 5. Jordan has 6 Final's MVP's, while LeBron has 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    I still think Jordan is better.

Field goal percentage is about the same. Jordan better at free throws. LeBron a better rebounder and passer. Jordan a better defender and more clutch--especially in the playoffs.

But here's what does it for me... Jordan led the NBA in scoring 10 times in 15 seasons. LeBron has only done it once in 14 seasons. Jordan was a 1st team All-defensive selection 9 times, LeBron only 5. Jordan has 6 Final's MVP's, while LeBron has 3.
    3 of those statistics are objectively chosen by media members. I don't think those are the best way to determine greatness.

And if lebron focused more on scoring, he could easily lead the league almost every year. He doesn't because he's really a pass first guy who likes to orchestrate games more than score. But that's up for debate I suppose.

As for "clutch"- a lot of that is selective memory. Michael hit 3 GW buzzer beaters in his career, lebron hit 3 by 2015.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnat...-winning-shots

From the article-

In the playoffs LeBron has now taken 10 potential go-ahead shots in the final five seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime. He's connected on six of them, according to ESPN's Brian Windhorst. Jordan was 5-of-11 in such situations during his career.

LeBron has now played 166 total playoff games. In total he's averaging 27.9 points, 8.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists while shooting 48 percent from the field. Jordan played in 179 playoff games and averaged 33.4 points, 6.4 rebounds and 5.7 assists and shot 49 percent from the field.
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 03-29-2017 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Kevin Durant is the third best player in the game behind harden and lebron

Harden this season*
    100% disagree. Curry is at worst the 2nd best player in basketball and has been for 3 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I cannot respect someone who flops around like he does though.

So you don't respect 80% of the NBA?

vCash
    I would have a hard time picking between Westbrook, Harden, LBJ, and Curry. LBJ would probably be doing the same thing as Westbrook and Harden if he didn't have Irving and Love on his team. LBJ reminds me of Magic. He probably could be an Allstar at almost every position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    100% disagree. Curry is at worst the 2nd best player in basketball and has been for 3 years.
    Couldn't disagree more haha. He's a horrid on ball defender and a liability. There is a reason he is taken out defensively late in games. Harden isnt exactly Gary Payton, but when it is crunch time he is solid enough and is a very good rebounding guard that can match up in the post on a switch. When its crunch time for GSW, Curry is either on the bench or being taken advantage of. Constantly teams like the rockets run a guard/guard P&R to get Curry on Harden (or Westbrook). Curry has good hands and is a good weak side interceptor thru 3 quarters, but seems to really struggle to guard late in games. Durant on the other hand is very good on both ends quarters 1-4
    Last edited by DudyDawg; 03-29-2017 at 03:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I would have a hard time picking between Westbrook, Harden, LBJ, and Curry. LBJ would probably be doing the same thing as Westbrook and Harden if he didn't have Irving and Love on his team. LBJ reminds me of Magic. He probably could be an Allstar at almost every position.
    He, KD, and maybe Kawhi are the only players in the league that could be allstars in any position on the floor both offensively and defensively.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    So you prefer filthy rich whiney babies that choose to sit out games when there are fathers who could have possibly gotten tickets in advance to take their kid to see their favorite player and his or her favorite player is too weak to play a damn game? ok gotcha. NBA was farrrrrrrrrr better in Jordan days.

vCash
    So you prefer filthy rich whiney babies that choose to sit out games when there are fathers who could have possibly gotten tickets in advance to take their kid to see their favorite player and his or her favorite player is too weak to play a damn game? ok gotcha. NBA was farrrrrrrrrr better in Jordan days.
    I prefer the players who have mastered their craft and are by farrrrrrrrrrr better than the college product. I prefer watching the best players in the world that are better than any generation on the whole as before. The generation after will be even better than them, given the amount of money, training, diet, athleticism changes the game has undergone in just a few decades. And I can't wait to see them either.

As far as sitting games, I don't love it, but it isn't going to change how much I love the NBA. Lebron has missed 6 games this year. Doesn't exactly sound like an epidemic. And if there is anyone to blame for them sitting (and things like KD joining GSW), it's the fans and media who constantly say ringzzzzzz is all that matters. Why push thru a lingering hammy or wrist injury on a Tuesday 62 games into the year when all people care about is rings? Sucks if you paid tickets to see one guy and he sits, but too bad.

vCash
    I guess you hate the MLB and Week 16 of the NFL just infuriates you

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess you hate the MLB and Week 16 of the NFL just infuriates you
    Were they in the last week of the season when they started sitting? NO didnt think so.