Page 125 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3018

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Let's see if he shows up on his OV. That will be pretty telling to me.

And FWIW I think all of our o-line prospects are better than Trapp. O-line is difficult to evaluate but it was pretty obvious that Trapp was a reach at the time.
    Yea, and pretty sure Trapp was a JUCO. Got 2 extra years of evaluation on him and Hev still couldn't see he wasn't worth a scholarship.

vCash
    There should be a junior college offensive lineman in the state of Mississippi that is going to be a sophmore or redshirt freshman next year that was fully qualified coming out of high school that has grown or developed enough that we should take a chance on given our O line numbers in this class. They would have 4 to play 3 or 3 to play 3 and give us a little depth for the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea, and pretty sure Trapp was a JUCO. Got 2 extra years of evaluation on him and Hev still couldn't see he wasn't worth a scholarship.
    And a from a juco in Los Angeles. That was one of the strangest recruits I?ve ever seen anyone sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Agree it needs to be 5 ols, 4 minimum per class and then process as needed. Gotta play the law of averages with lineman.
    Right now getting 3 quality HS OL per year sounds like hitting the jackpot given our recent history. We are probably going to need to keep signing at least one quality JUCO OL per year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Right now getting 3 quality HS OL per year sounds like hitting the jackpot given our recent history. We are probably going to need to keep signing at least one quality JUCO OL per year.
    Agreed. Yeah to makeup ground we gonna have to beat the juco bushes for sure and hope Joe is more concerned about finding quality ol than the previous staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desotodawgz View Post
    There should be a junior college offensive lineman in the state of Mississippi that is going to be a sophmore or redshirt freshman next year that was fully qualified coming out of high school that has grown or developed enough that we should take a chance on given our O line numbers in this class. They would have 4 to play 3 or 3 to play 3 and give us a little depth for the future
    The 25 man hard cap makes it more difficult to take JUCO's. As deep as the 2019 class is in Mississippi I think the strategy should be to sign as many Mississippi players as we can along a Schrader and then a 4 star RB. That's another reason why undersigning hurts- and it will hurt even worse in the coming years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desotodawgz View Post
    . Yeah, surely we called every Juco coach in the state and asked if they had one guy. I mean surely there is one guy in the entire state with d1 potential.

vCash
    The 25 man hard cap makes it more difficult to take JUCO's. As deep as the 2019 class is in Mississippi I think the strategy should be to sign as many Mississippi players as we can along a Schrader and then a 4 star RB. That's another reason why undersigning hurts- and it will hurt even worse in the coming years.
    Under signing from here on out is gonna be a death blow to a program. Just can?t happen

vCash
    OM just offered Tylan Knight from Pearl.

Like I said earlier in the thread, somebody will offer him and he deserves it. Size be damned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    . Yeah, surely we called every Juco coach in the state and asked if they had one guy. I mean surely there is one guy in the entire state with d1 potential.
    I bet we wait until 2020 for the JUCO prospects on the o-line. That just makes a lot more sense to me at the moment. Joe could also go after grad transfers as well- something Dan very rarely did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Under signing from here on out is gonna be a death blow to a program. Just can?t happen
    Exactly. It would be essentially the same as a NFL team leaving a draft pick on the table. You have to take 25 and then adjust as necessary...hopefully 1-2 go to the NFL as juniors, about 10 play as true freshmen and then the rest redshirt. Hopefully no more than five don't pan out and have to be processed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    OM just offered Tylan Knight from Pearl.

Like I said earlier in the thread, somebody will offer him and he deserves it. Size be damned
    That's interesting. They do like scatbacks. Almost as much as they like WR's. I think he could be a pretty good kick returner in the SEC to be honest- I wouldn't mind offering if we have space.

vCash
    That's interesting. They do like scatbacks. Almost as much as they like WR's. I think he could be a pretty good kick returner in the SEC to be honest- I wouldn't mind offering if we have space.
    Shotgun and some of the ''experts'' on here will probably go nuclear on me again for saying this but we are incompetent if we are worried about undersigning and we dont offer this kid.

Even if all we get is a good special teams player/returner its worth it and better than signing no one. He will make OM or wherever he goes a better program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Shotgun and some of the ''experts'' on here will probably go nuclear on me again for saying this but we are incompetent if we are worried about undersigning and we dont offer this kid.

Even if all we get is a good special teams player/returner its worth it and better than signing no one. He will make OM or wherever he goes a better program
    I agree with you. Better to sign a chance.

vCash
    We aren’t undersigning.

vCash
    The key here is still 85 on scholarship. You can’t sign 25 every year and redshirt players, those numbers won’t work. Some guys will have to be processed. You can sign 25 every year if you are willing to process 5-6 every year and don’t redshirt many. New math.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    The key here is still 85 on scholarship. You can’t sign 25 every year and redshirt players, those numbers won’t work. Some guys will have to be processed. You can sign 25 every year if you are willing to process 5-6 every year and don’t redshirt many. New math.
    Lot of people forget this. We are a low attrition program that doesn’t lose a lot of juniors either. So we can sign 25 every year. But we have cut or lose 4 per year to make that work out.

vCash
    You're going to see several players leave after spring.

vCash
    I agree, and next year we will sign 25 and have to process some more.
    Coach has stated he isn’t going to run anybody off right now, everyone has a clean slate. That’s part of the reason he isn’t going to over sign this year, along with the new staff hasn’t had a full recruiting cycle here. The guys we have “lost” to other schools aren’t from Mississippi and have no loyalty to State. And while I know it hurt’s some folks feelings that those guys didn’t choose State, some folks don’t see the attraction that we see.
    Last edited by Red Sox Dawg; 02-02-2018 at 10:13 AM.

vCash
    I say we offer a borderline at all the high schools that have a big time recruit next year or a high school we want an in at to finish out the class. At least sign the freakin 25.