Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
Exactly.

I'm not talking about Base here but we seem to have some fans that want to blame the coach for every single thing bad that happens. Like the coaches have remotes and are moving them. Shit just happens sometimes. Or we will talk about how lucky we were that Alford booted that ball knowing good and well that Alford is a shitty defender. And absolutely ignoring Chester's two throwing errors at 3rd on routine balls that helped Georgia score some runs.
34 you know like I do that baseball, above all other sports, is a game of failure and you have to deal with adversity constantly. Kinda like life. Obviously you want to keep mistakes to a minimum but as you said sometimes, stuff happens. Baseball is not a sport where you can just put it in the hands of your best player every single time you need a big play. I don't think most of our fans understand this and expect perfection. That's why so many people give up In the game threads when we get behind early or when we lose a game we're not "supposed" to
lose. Heck I've seen people hit 3 home runs in a game and then come up in the 9th with the winning run on and whiff. I've also seen games where a guy whiffs 4 times and comes up in the 9th and drives in the winning run you forget about the 4 whiffs. In baseball you constantly have to deal with failure and it's how you deal with it that separates winners from losers. It's why a lot of sports fans can't handle baseball! Sorry rant over!