Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question

vCash

Serious Question

Aside from the freshmen... who on the team has improved under Howland?
    Last edited by CJDAWG85; 01-10-2018 at 09:27 PM.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Ado.

We just can’t score. You have to recruit scorers.

vCash
    I consider him a freshman since it's his first year actually playing. Both Spoons and Carter were supposed to be scorers. We don't have a leader on this team. We need someone to step up and be vocal.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    I consider him a freshman since it's his first year actually playing. Both Spoons and Carter were supposed to be scorers. We don't have a leader on this team. We need someone to step up and be vocal.
    Being vocal does no good if you can't back it up. We don't have that guy period.

vCash
    I'm in IDGAF mode now, but I can't think of anyone. I'm not a fan of Howland and believe he's washed up.

vCash
    What i dont get is how smart howland explains and talks about the game, yet on gameday we look like we dont know what a basketball is. I have heard him speak multiple times at events and came away very impressed but our team looks so lost and not well coached

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Aside from the freshmen... who on the team has improved under Howland?
    They are better than every player Rick Ray had. Give CBH time to build there team.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    That would be a negative. Craig Sword and probably Gavin Ware would be option 1 and option 2 on this years team if you needed someone to score.

vCash
    Need to process about 5-6 players and replace them with Euro's and graduate transfers...

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    What i dont get is how smart howland explains and talks about the game, yet on gameday we look like we dont know what a basketball is. I have heard him speak multiple times at events and came away very impressed but our team looks so lost and not well coached
    He is smart. He is a good coach. The problem is the IQ level of about half our players is on par with a garden hose.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    my question is this. Was it better to get to the NCAA or get close to getting to the NCAA and not winning a game when they got there worse then what he have had since Stands got fired? Looking back we should have kept Stands. We have not had anything to cheer about since other then landing some four and five star guys who can't shoot

Was firing good but hiring Ray was worse then keeping Stands? All I know is I am ready to move past Basketball and up to Stands last season I never felt that way when he was here.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 01-11-2018 at 03:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    He is smart. He is a good coach. The problem is the IQ level of about half our players is on par with a garden hose.
    1. I don't doubt his intellect.
    2. If he cannot get you back to Kansas, he may be a good man but a bad wizard.
    3. This is the elephant in the room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    That would be a negative. Craig Sword and probably Gavin Ware would be option 1 and option 2 on this years team if you needed someone to score.
    both were signed by Stans--just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    my question is this. Was it better to get to the NCAA or get close to getting to the NCAA and not winning a game when they got there worse then what he have had since Stands got fired? Looking back we should have kept Stands. We have not had anything to cheer about since other then landing some four and five star guys who can't shoot

Was firing good but hiring Ray was worse then keeping Stands? All I know is I am ready to move past Basketball and up to Stands last season I never felt that way when he was here.
    there is not a doubt in my mind that if Stans would have stayed we would have continued to win at least 20 every year and would have made it to post season . why would we have not? He did it pretty much every year. I guess that is why for 10 years we were the 3td winning-est team in the
    SEC.

vCash
    Mother ****ing amazing people still bring up Stands name. Be a ****ing western ky fan and follow Him there.. It’s almost like the Freeze Sheep.
    Maybe the game has passed CBH bye maybe it hasn’t. We are 13-3 and Have played 3 ****ing sec games with 2 on the road.
    You people have to get the basketball played 10- 15 years ago out of your head the game isn’t the same.
    The men’s game isn’t a good product as a whole...

If we beat auburn sat we are right were everyone thought we would be after 4 games. 2-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Mother ****ing amazing people still bring up Stands name. Be a ****ing western ky fan and follow Him there.. It’s almost like the Freeze Sheep.
    Maybe the game has passed CBH bye maybe it hasn’t. We are 13-3 and Have played 3 ****ing sec games with 2 on the road.
    You people have to get the basketball played 10- 15 years ago out of your head the game isn’t the same.

If we beat auburn sat we are right were everyone thought we would be after 4 games. 2-2
    Auburn is a huge game for us. I do not even think we have to necessarily win, but we do need to play well. If we get trashed, this season is gonna get ugly

vCash
    Before gauging improvement, you have to consider that most, if not all, of our players' shots were undeniably tinkered with. It's the only way to explain multiple players seeing a significant drop in their 3pt%'s from last year. It remains to be seen if that was a positive long-term coaching move or not; definitely a poor one just considering the short-term in hindsight. Holman is much improved for it, everyone else is significantly worse as of now.

In my opinion, not considering the growing pains from the assumed shot alterations:

Q has improved marginally, as is the minimum expected from sophomore to junior year.

I think Peters is trapped in his own head as a result of the NBA talk resulting from a single good camp. Hard to know how much blame to assign elsewhere for his regression.

I think Carter has improved significantly. He's driving inside and getting buckets when the opportunity presents itself, while he almost exclusively spotted up around the perimeter last year.

X is X and that's not going to change.

Holman seems to be marginally better working inside.

Herard, before transferring, appeared to regress, but his career high points are based on just a handful of solid games last year. May just not have been a D1-caliber player.

Datcher appears to have improved marginally inside and has shown flashes of finding a 15-foot jumper.

Wright appears to be about the same. Inconsistent in all areas with big swings.

So outside of the shooting woes and extenuating circumstances, it seems to me like our returning players have in fact, for the most part, improved marginally. I also think if the assumed shot work had paid off in the best possible way, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post

I agree with this post for the most part but, I didn't expect us to be 2-2 after 4 games. I expected our only win to be against OM. Also, I don't think ppl realize how good Auburn is. We are not beating them. They will beat us by double digits
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We suck. I agree with Ari. The game has changed a lot and I don't believe Howland has adjusted. I also think we've got a bunch of selfish 17'rs on this team and our best PG is a head case.

vCash
    I think we are seeing what it looks like when no one steps up and leads. Q and Holman are too laid back to be leaders. We have kids that could be leaders but unfortunately Nick W is a freshman. This has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with player leadership. Stapleton should be a leader on this team but instead he gets arrested for disturbing the peace and gets suspended for the game last night. Until someone steps up to lead this team, we are going to struggle on the road.