Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Baseball game thread vs NMSU...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Stop thinking about the ballpark and fans and ask yourself if there's 10 other programs you'd trade baseball history with.
    Not sure what you are getting at, but you cannot just ignore the resources we have. They are huge in recruiting. Add to that our history of winning and you have one of the elite jobs in college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Link? Where did he say this? There has literally been nothing to this
    Why would this be on the record? That’s just like saying Tim Corbin has no interest because you can’t find a link to it. Jurich was who McDonnell was loyal to and now he’s gone and they currently have an interim AD in place. Like I said, Kendall has his sources and you might be surprised who has interest. With the list of candidates interested in this job, it would be extremely hard for Cohen to screw it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Why would this be on the record? That’s just like saying Tim Corbin has no interest because you can’t find a link to it. Jurich was who McDonnell was loyal to and now he’s gone and they currently have an interim AD in place. Like I said, Kendall has his sources and you might be surprised who has interest. With the list of candidates interested in this job, it would be extremely hard for Cohen to screw it up.
    i think we will make a great hire in baseball. But it’s not going to be McD and he is not interested. He has it made where he is coaching at a program better than ours making more money than we have ever paid someone. He is not coming to Sville and has no interest.

McD is Louisville baseball- who the AD becomes is insignificant
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    i think we will make a great hire in baseball. But it?s not going to be McD and he is not interested. He has it made where he is coaching at a program better than ours making more money than we have ever paid someone. He is not coming to Sville and has no interest.
    Saying Louisvile is a better program than ours is like saying our football program is better than Floridas bc we?ve been better than fla lately. The only reason Louisviles program is worth a crap is McD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Saying Louisvile is a better program than ours is like saying our football program is better than Floridas bc we?ve been better than fla lately. The only reason Louisviles program is worth a crap is McD.
    I said the same thing the other day

vCash
    I agree, Louisville program is not better then ours.

vCash
    Well- they 4 CWS appearances in the last 11 years to our 2.

They are a perennial top 10 team- we aren’t

Its not 1985 anymore. We have made it to the CWS 4 times in the last 21 years. Only State fans think we are a top 10 program. We aren’t Louisville today

vCash
    I love all these State fans saying zero chance of getting elite head coaches here. This is easily a Top 10 job especially with the facilities and fan base and the AD being a former baseball coach. I guess it?s the natural pessimism of some of you people that you can?t fathom us getting an elite coach. Well, I think you will be very surprised at who we end up with. When Kendall says elite he?s meaning elite.
    I don't know who Kendall was referring to- but I do think his tweet is a VERY good sign. Especially because while I don't think Kendall hates us or anything like that- I think he kind of likes us- he has no reason to pander to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I said the same thing the other day
    They’re whole history is him. If he came here, he’d win a national title. He has recruiting roots here he can tie back into. He’d keep our recruiting class together. It’s not that far fetched that we could get him. If we were going after an elite coach such as McDonnell, we would put together a very appealing package. Let’s just say that the uncertainty there works in our favor.

vCash

Its not 1985 anymore. We have made it to the CWS 4 times in the last 21 years. Only State fans think we are a top 10 program. We aren’t Louisville today
    It’s because of McDonnell not because of Louisville.

vCash

Well, Alabama wasn't a top 10 program in 2006 either. Things can change very quickly with one hire. The past 10 years we had to deal with the 2008 Polk tantrum all year long followed up by two years of rebuilding. Louisville didn't- and McDonnell took over their program when it was in pretty good shape. Not to mention we had to deal with the entire Polk II era which I think was the worst decision in MSU baseball history. Although I think Cann is giving him a run for his money.

One thing about Louisville- even if he wins National Titles there it will always been a basketball school followed by football.

vCash
    They’re whole history is him. If he came here, he’d win a national title. He has recruiting roots here he can tie back into. He’d keep our recruiting class together. It’s not that far fetched that we could get him. If we were going after an elite coach such as McDonnell, we would put together a very appealing package. Let’s just say that the uncertainty there works in our favor.
    that doesn’t matter. Florida wasn’t Florida before Steve Spurrier- but he built them into what they became.
    There is no uncertainty at Louisville- because the new AD damn sure isn’t going to **** with baseball- they have made 3 CWS appearances in the last 5 years. ****ing with baseball would only help get the new AD fired. He will go above and beyond to make sure baseball isn’t a problem.

Louisville > Miss State in 2018- that’s just life

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at, but you cannot just ignore the resources we have. They are huge in recruiting. Add to that our history of winning and you have one of the elite jobs in college baseball.
    Sure you can ignore the ballpark and the fans because that's exactly how the rest of the country judges baseball programs on. Success on the field. That's it so I will ask the question again. Is there 10 other programs you would trade history with?

vCash
    that doesn’t matter. Florida wasn’t Florida before Steve Spurrier- but he built them into what they became.
    There is no uncertainty at Louisville- because the new AD damn sure isn’t going to **** with baseball- they have made 3 CWS appearances in the last 5 years. ****ing with baseball would only help get the new AD fired. He will go above and beyond to make sure baseball isn’t a problem.

Louisville > Miss State in 2018- that’s just life
    If you consider an interim AD who will be replaced in six months their AD then yeah they have an AD.

vCash
    They even hired a loser search firm for their AD search....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cou.../amp/384717002

vCash
    They are losing big money donors too. Sounds like an Athletic Department on solid ground. Also since Jurich was let go, Bobby Petrino’s buyout is gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to bolt after this year either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Sure you can ignore the ballpark and the fans because that's exactly how the rest of the country judges baseball programs on. Success on the field. That's it so I will ask the question again. Is there 10 other programs you would trade history with?
    yep

LSU
    USC
    Texas
    South Carolina
    Vanderbilt
    Miami
    Fla State
    Louisville
    Arizons State
    Arkansas
    Cal State Fullerton
    Oregon State
    Florida
    NC
    Rice
    Virginia

all have a title or more appearances in the CWS in the last 20 years than us

vCash
    They are losing big money donors too. Sounds like an Athletic Department on solid ground. Also since Jurich was let go, Bobby Petrino’s buyout is gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to bolt after this year either.
    Petrino ain’t Leaving- nobody values him like Louisville does
    McD ain’t Leaving- he is the trophy coach of that program. He is untouchable

You have lost it
    Last edited by Coach34; 03-07-2018 at 12:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I agree, Louisville program is not better then ours.
    Depends on how you define "program"...

If you consider the "program" as an inference to what happens between the lines: like recruiting, player development, stability, etc,, then Louisville absolutely has a better program than MSU in the same way that MSU's football program is better than Tennessee or Florida's football program currently.

If you define "program" as describing the resources, passion, facilities, & tradition of a program: than no, Louisville does not have a better baseball program than MSU in the same way that regardless of how many games we win or how many players MSU sends to the NFL, MSU's football program is not as good as Tennessee's or Florida's.

MSU must become more stable & consistent with more reliable player development if we are truly to return to being a great program.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 03-07-2018 at 12:35 AM.

vCash

Again....how much of that is McD. I think he would come. I think we should make everybody who has an elite guy pay him or lose him to us.

Like you said its not 1985 anymore. Its time to act like it