Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannizaro?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It also has dual position players. You know- like Mangum, Gordon, and the other hundreds that do it across the country.
    Is pilk a dual position guy?

vCash
    And if an AL team ran out of players they would hit the pitchers and everything would be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Is pilk a dual position guy?
    He is now.

vCash
    He is now.
    Haha what position? Dh?

vCash
    Haha what position? Dh?
    Wherever Cann wants him. He hit .351 in high school his senior year. It's not like last night was the first time he ever swung a bat.

vCash
    And if an AL team ran out of players they would hit the pitchers and everything would be fine.
    Farm system takes away the risk we had. We can't call up a replacement. As much as I didn't like taking how ever small a risk it was batting our 2 best pitchers, I didn't like giving up even more... as long as we had an out to play with, I want us to put our best hitters up and we had 2 hitters on the bench

vCash
    My guess is the percentage of one of our pitchers getting hurt is around 1%. It rarely even happens in MLB but all of a sudden we're taking down huge risk letting our pitchers hit? Laughable. And I'm pretty sure they take BP so this isn't something foreign to them.

Be pissed at the effort of the team forcing Cann to hit pitchers- not Cann.
    I understand what your saying but if Pilkington breaks a finger there everyone on here is screaming how stupid it was to expose him to that with position players available to hit. Getting hit with a 93 to 94 mph game fastball is a little different and more probable than getting hit with a batting practice pitch.

vCash
    Haha what position? Dh?
    I dont think Pilk's plate approach included taking one for the team to get a runner aboard. C'mon man.

vCash
    Farm system takes away the risk we had. We can't call up a replacement. As much as I didn't like taking how ever small a risk it was batting our 2 best pitchers, I didn't like giving up even more... as long as we had an out to play with, I want us to put our best hitters up and we had 2 hitters on the bench
    Ditto!!play to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    I understand what your saying but if Pilkington breaks a finger there everyone on here is screaming how stupid it was to expose him to that with position players available to hit. Getting hit with a 93 to 94 mph game fastball is a little different and more probable than getting hit with a batting practice pitch.
    He is far more likely to get injured pitching so I guess we need to sit him against Bama since they are bad anyway. Need to save Pilk from taking a line shot while he is pitching, that is far more likely than getting injured while batting.

vCash
    Let's not forget one of those hitters on the bench was our Saturday starter, and the other actually has torn an ACL during an AB.

vCash
    Wherever Cann wants him. He hit .351 in high school his senior year. It's not like last night was the first time he ever swung a bat.
    Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but hitting .350 in high school is a little different than hitting collegiality.

vCash
    You think a guy in AAA is just as good as a MLB player? Again there is risk she any player plays any game. If Cole Gordon hit what's the difference? I'm fine resting Lovelady.

You're bitching about something that could have happened BUT DIDN'T. And baseball history tells us your concern is overblown based on over 100 years of evidence. This would be like me bitching because I might get hit by a meteor.. It "could" happen but the odds are low. That doesn't mean I shouldn't go outside my house.

vCash
    Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but hitting .350 in high school is a little different than hitting collegiality.
    Not to be a jerk but the point is he has swung a bat before. And that was just one of the many years it he did throughout his life.

vCash
    So who was benched and who did Pilk and Price hit for? I didn't get to watch the game so who needed a wake up call?

vCash
    Ditto!!play to win.
    You don't win with the shitty effort our starters gave. THAT was the point. Cann actually did what you wanted him to do but you're too ignorant to see it.

vCash
    You think a guy in AAA is just as good as a MLB player? Again there is risk she any player plays any game. If Cole Gordon hit what's the difference? I'm fine resting Lovelady.

You're bitching about something that could have happened BUT DIDN'T. And baseball history tells us your concern is overblown based on over 100 years of evidence. This would be like me bitching because I might get hit by a meteor.. It "could" happen but the odds are low. That doesn't mean I shouldn't go outside my house.
    We quit. That did happen.

Comparing MLB to this just dumb though... how many times you seen an MLB team PH their best starter and closer with 2 hitters on the bench?

vCash

It's always fine and remote until it happens, then everyone wants to say why were we doing that with our Friday night starter. Could he get hurt pitching, yes of course he could but that is a calculated risk you have to take, exposing him at the plate for literally no gain is not a good calculated risk. Where is he more valuable to our team pitching or hitting.

vCash
    I've seen it happen in the NL before several times a year.
    Braves used to use Glavine as PH and Maddux and Smoltz as Pinch Runners regularly.

vCash
    You don't win with the shitty effort our starters gave. THAT was the point. Cann actually did what you wanted him to do but you're too ignorant to see it.
    Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.