Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: C-L Reports Fred Brown dismissed from MSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Now if we can only get Holloway to get caught cheating...
    Holloway is a good SEC player if we use him correctly... And not as a featured back..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We didn't sign any outside WR's in this class unless you count Couch. Couch is a TE, imo.
    Agree... We did miss on WR this year... If Fred was a soph this is another issue.. He is gone anyway after the year..
    Now after next year the WR core will look much different..
    Another reason why losing Fred not as bad as it seems, let's us see what young guys can play WR for 2017...

vCash
    Y'all remember the vaunted receiving corps we had when Dan arrived? I'm gonna venture a guess that the guys we got at WR right now are just a little bit ahead of that bunch and seems we did ok with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Y'all remember the vaunted receiving corps we had when Dan arrived? I'm gonna venture a guess that the guys we got at WR right now are just a little bit ahead of that bunch and seems we did ok with them.
    Well we have the deepest slot corps we've ever had, just need some more outside guys. As was stated earlier, I'll be very surprised now if Ross doesn't go back outside with Gray. Brown was a nice, experienced player but he wasn't a big difference maker by any means. I also feel we will have too many guys at the TE position this Fall and that one of Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson or Dontae Jones are going to need to move to an outside WR spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    That first team is actually better than if Fred was listed as starter.. IMO
    100% Agree. Brown was ok but honestly I'm not worried one bit. Think of him as a Joe Morrow or Robert Johnson type. Nice to have the experience but nothing special. Like some have said it gives us the opportunity to see what next young guy will evolve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If we develop a run game this won't be as bad as it seems.
    If Dan would play the right players we would have established a run game last year. The talent is there but for whatever reason he insists on running 160 pound Holloway out there.

vCash
    Y'all are way more optimistic than me and I generally regard myself as an optimist. I don't see anything on our offense that can be assumed as a reliable strength. In sports sometimes it's not just what you have but what you know you have. And we don't know crap.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well we have the deepest slot corps we've ever had, just need some more outside guys. As was stated earlier, I'll be very surprised now if Ross doesn't go back outside with Gray. Brown was a nice, experienced player but he wasn't a big difference maker by any means. I also feel we will have too many guys at the TE position this Fall and that one of Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson or Dontae Jones are going to need to move to an outside WR spot.
    We need to get Dontae Jones to drop about 40 pounds over the summer and be the beast he was in highschool on the outside. He's just as fast if not faster than Bear. Let him Couch and Epps battle it out and we will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Y'all are way more optimistic than me and I generally regard myself as an optimist. I don't see anything on our offense that can be assumed as a reliable strength. In sports sometimes it's not just what you have but what you know you have. And we don't know crap.
    What were u expecting??. We lost the greatest QB in schools history.. There's going to be a step back for sure.. But the cupboard is far from bare...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    We need to get Dontae Jones to drop about 40 pounds over the summer and be the beast he was in highschool on the outside. He's just as fast if not faster than Bear. Let him Couch and Epps battle it out and we will be fine.
    Shit every TE is as fast as Bear...

vCash
    Lol true dat and bigger too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I agree with that assessment. I think Ross will go outside with Gray and our slot guys are plenty good. Also to me I believe Myles is faster than Fred, at least he sure looks it.

vCash
    Lol which is sad! But I don't see why Dontae couldn't attempt to fill the void of he dropped a little bit of weight. We have plenty of TE's.

vCash
    What were u expecting??. We lost the greatest QB in schools history.. There's going to be a step back for sure.. But the cupboard is far from bare...
    There could be a step back but we were only 8-4 last year. If you guys remember, we had an 8-4 season with Chris Relf as QB AND with Tyler Russell as QB. Its really going to depend on whether or not the OL turns out to be competent or not. Surely they can't be worse than they were last year.

vCash
    The issue I'm having is the lack of a running game, the fact that we seem to be hemorrhaging WRs, and there's no news of a TE emerging. The OL is the OL....I need a paper bag because I'm hyperventilating in panic.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I don't feel good about this season at all. Too many issues this off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The issue I'm having is the lack of a running game, the fact that we seem to be hemorrhaging WRs, and there's no news of a TE emerging. The OL is the OL....I need a paper bag because I'm hyperventilating in panic.
    Aries Williams will prob win this job and get the bulk of the carries next year.
    We have 2 NFL WR and a couple of other very good sec talented guys here and some young guys
    TE position will be better this year than it was last year
    The OL well it is the OL but one would think it has to be better , everyone is back and we replace a TE/ LT with the juco #1 OT from 2 years ago...

I'm not saying we go 10-2 but the drop off won't be as bad as everyone thinks...

vCash
    Really? Come on that's brutal.

vCash
    Yes WR blocking is a big key ... Could Fred block ?. I have no idea.. Yes Bear could .. But with our running game last year it didn't make a ****...
    I feel we still have some good playmakers at receiver. But what worries me about the receiving corps is replacing Bear's blocking. Sure, it didn't help the run game much, but it was huge on opening holes for Fred Ross, especially on those WR screens and end arounds.
    Last edited by Smitdawg; 04-15-2016 at 09:35 AM.

vCash
    Seriously? Only M-State fans would trash a player that simply does everything he's asked to do (even when he knows it's not the ideal fit for him).
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 04-15-2016 at 09:53 AM.