Thread: Sounds like "cold feet" source was strong yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We have been a revolving door for most of our history. We need stability more than anything. We know Mullen is a good coach HERE. We don't know that about any other guy out there you can say that about.
    Wrong- we have had 3 coaches in the last 27 years. Thats really good.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We do change coordinators like spinal tap changes drummers though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    Yep, part of what I was saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty96 View Post
    To be fair, all the Spinal Tap drummers died mysteriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    To be fair, all the Spinal Tap drummers died mysteriously.
    Peter Sirmon's defenses spontaneously combusted quite often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Peter Sirmon's defenses spontaneously combusted quite often.
    The death of his career will be no mystery though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I said history 34. It didnt start 27 years ago. We were stable under McKeen, sort of under Jackie, and now. That's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I said history 34. It didnt start 27 years ago. We were stable under McKeen, sort of under Jackie, and now. That's it.
    history is 27 years. What happened 50 years ago is in no way relevant now and doesnt influence anything. That's the problem the Bearfins have-they cant get over the 1960's.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    history is 27 years. What happened 50 years ago is in no way relevant now and doesnt influence anything. That's the problem the Bearfins have-they cant get over the 1960's.
    Lol. Their problem is their recent history. Ours is no better, and if you go back to the era when most current reps were set, ours is atrocious. I know what you want, you have made it plain. I want to keep what we have and build it slow and steady. It won't be a constant upward trend, sustainable trends never are.

vCash
    ..and 1950's. Vaught got there in '47 and lasted until early 70's when he left and came back for a year or so...the hay day and ebb of segregation

vCash
    This

MSU football history started in 1990.

What we were before then & what we have been afterward, are drastically different.

3 coaches in 27 years is fantastic. What happened 30 years ago, which in college football, due to TV contracts, home games in Jackson, etc..., was a different era & is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This

What we were before then & what we have been afterward, are drastically different.

3 coaches in 27 years is fantastic. What happened 30 years ago, which in college football, due to TV contracts, home games in Jackson, etc..., was a different era & is irrelevant.
    To us maybe. We ain’t the victors and we didn’t write the history.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This

I would go so far as to say anything pre-SEC Network/ESPN welfare money doesn't count.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I would go so far as to say anything pre-SEC Network/ESPN welfare money doesn't count.
    That will be determined in time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    But it does, until people like me who grew up prior to that are dead and gone, the old perception of MSU is the one that lives on in the media. It's up to ALL of us to change that I've started it for me. After 30 yeArs as a subscriber and longer as a reader, of the Daily Journal, I'm done. I let my subscription expire. The only reason I didn't cancel it is because I wanted them to deliver every single paper they were obligated to.