Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Farmer at Starkville High School?

vCash
    Someone just told me that Barney and his crew got their truck stuck in the mid at SHS's football field a few days before NSD. Apparently they're all over SHS.

vCash
    So what can I do to change this? Is it possible to boycott the businesses in Starkville until the city puts pressure on the school board to make changes? How can we allow this to happen and not do anything about it? I just don't understand this "bury my head in the sand and hope it changes" approach.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Need to find out who to hammer....school board is a good start I would think...this loyal to state that can apply pressure on the head coach and principal to make changes. Since social media is where to battle need to start hammering

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    He was responsible for the whole recruiting debacle for OM last year at Starkville High. He's heavily involved in "the network" in Starkville.

He and Willie Gillespie are in cohorts with each other. Willie Gillespie is a football coach at Starkville High. He is also heavily involved in allowing Farmer to do as he pleases. It's time for this to stop. It's amazing this is going on right in our backyard.
    Coach Carlisle is also heavily involved.

vCash
    Farmer is from Batesville, played at OM and was a teammate of Grant Heard. Twitter is all OM stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/...080499aab.html

"I'm excited about this class," Cutcliffe said, noting that two junior college walk-ons, wide receiver Michael Slater of Vicksburg, Miss., and defensive back Kevin Farmer of Courtland, Miss., also reported on Wednesday. Slater played at Hinds and Farmer played at Northwest.
    That would explain the affiliations.

vCash
    From Facebook

Teacher / Coach at Starkville High School
    Former Teacher / Coach at Clarksdale Municipal School District
    Former Teacher/Coach at East Tallahatchie School District
    Former Teacher / Coach at Quitman County School District
    Former Teacher/Coach at North Panola School District
    Former Teacher / Coach at South Panola School District
    Former Shipper/Loader at Dunlap & Kyle Tire Company
    Lives in Starkville, Mississippi
    From Courtland, Mississippi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EnterpriseDawg View Post
    So what can I do to change this? Is it possible to boycott the businesses in Starkville until the city puts pressure on the school board to make changes? How can we allow this to happen and not do anything about it? I just don't understand this "bury my head in the sand and hope it changes" approach.
    Pogue reportedly got 47 emails in a matter of 12 hours.

vCash
    I'm sure that Mississippi State helps the Starkville school district in a lot of ways that don't involve athletics. I think it is time for Dr. Keenum to speak to the right officials in the school system and other influential people and let them know that we don't like what is going on with Starkville football and its relationship to Mississippi State. He doesn't have to make a big deal out of it but he can let everyone know that it would be best for Starkville schools if they removed the bear stench.

vCash
    I think a really good start would be getting Parker Wiseman onboard. The mayor of Starkville certainly needs to stand up to the fact that OM has people in place to pay for players in his city's high school. The principal and school board should be brought in and told exactly what's going on, too. It's one thing if some "rogue booster" (you seen that!?) is pulling weight for OM. But it's a whole different ballgame when they actually had a guy placed there (who is paid by the school district) to basically hand money over to players. The fact that Barney is involved with Farmer is icing on the cake.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Is Coach Randy Carlisle at Oak Hill before Starkville High? Also, what would Willie Gillespie's tie in to OM be? He's from Starkville and went to UT Chattanooga

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    Is Coach Randy Carlisle at Oak Hill before Starkville High? Also, what would Willie Gillespie's tie in to OM be? He's from Starkville and went to UT Chattanooga
    I've heard Gillespie's name as someone pushing kids to OM, but I haven't heard of any impropriety with him specifically. I guess if the guy standing next to you is handling that, it's not necessary though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MzTerry View Post
    Coach Carlisle is also heavily involved.
    Told he's the one that took the 2 big recruits back and forth to Oxford.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    Probably still bitter about not getting a state offer back in the day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Probably still bitter about not getting a state offer back in the day...
    Did he get an om offer back then? My guess is he's being handsomely rewarded to deliver recruits and that's his motivation, not revenge

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    From Facebook

Teacher / Coach at Starkville High School
    Former Teacher / Coach at Clarksdale Municipal School District
    Former Teacher/Coach at East Tallahatchie School District
    Former Teacher / Coach at Quitman County School District
    Former Teacher/Coach at North Panola School District
    Former Teacher / Coach at South Panola School District
    Former Shipper/Loader at Dunlap & Kyle Tire Company
    Lives in Starkville, Mississippi
    From Courtland, Mississippi
    Oh, I know some people that can give me some detailed info on this cat. Give me a day or two and I will DM some of you what I get back

vCash
    Were these guys already there or did Starkville's head coach hire them after he was hired a couple of years ago? Seems like things went bad for MSU when he came along.

vCash
    That's it. I took a crap today and got 20 emails while I was away from my desk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Need to find out who to hammer....school board is a good start I would think...this loyal to state that can apply pressure on the head coach and principal to make changes. Since social media is where to battle need to start hammering
    I believe our AD's wife is on the school board...

vCash
    The passivity in this situation is mind-boggling.
    Yes- that Behr