Thread: I will say this with over two decades of experience as support:

vCash

I will say this with over two decades of experience as support:

In a major case, if the trial is short the verdict is guilty 99.9999999% of the time.

That is all.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I have watched almost every court drama show on tv for the past 20 years.... Guilty.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Perry Mason approves of this post.

vCash
    My bet is that the hearing was short as there was no significant defense offered, when you're guilty and the basic damning facts are laid out it doesn't take much time to beg for mercy.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I have watched almost every court drama show on tv for the past 20 years.... Guilty.
    This wasn't a criminal case though so..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It also wasn't a trail. There was no way Ole Miss could have "won" this week.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    And those are TV shows...so.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    It wasn't a trial or criminal case, correct. But...these hearing mirror a court trial to some degree. A prosecution (NCAA investigators) present their case, findings, and supporting documentation (to the point of bringing in a witness). Then the defense (Ole Miss) presents their counter. So to some degree this is very much like a trial minus a jury and devoid of court precedent and/or law. Now, they had, what, 21 allegations to review at level 1 then a multitude of level 2 and 3. Even if UM accepts the majority of these it still has to be presented. This would all take AT LEAST a day to a day and a half. If the defense wanted to present a counter argument or defense of any kind on 3-4 of the major allegations that should take a solid day AT LEAST.

The fact that we haven't heard of the defense presenting any witnesses or rebuttal of their own is very damning. I will stick by my original statement and say 2 days (and it was actually early on the second day) is NOT A GOOD LOOK for UNM.

vCash
    These guys agree.

Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Have we gotten Goebels Godfrey's take on it yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    It also wasn't a trail. There was no way Ole Miss could have "won" this week.
    I know but it wrapping up quick aint THE indication that it is bad. We knew it was bad for them already
    No Signature

vCash
    The ole "open and shut case" as they say.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    And those are TV shows...so.
    Funny Dan Wolken just said on Bo Bounds show that this was not a criminal case and it is amazing how everyone can't understand that.

vCash
    It helps to remember that in their response to the NCAA, OM agreed with several of the allegations. One would expect those to go quickly. How long does it take to say "Yeah, we agree- you caught us doing that. Just, please don't punish us too hard! Exemplary cooperation and stuff!"

vCash
    Funny Dan Wolken just said on Bo Bounds show that this was not a criminal case and it is amazing how everyone can't understand that.
    Exactly! People keep thinking this is a trial and it's not.