Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: over/under that Aeris gets 100+ rushing vs Mizzou?

vCash

over/under that Aeris gets 100+ rushing vs Mizzou?

with the rain, looks like this is setting up for us to have to rely on our big RBs to win an ugly game.

Will Mullen commit to using our best big RBs?

How many carries does Aeris need to get 100? I say 17 which would be a career high.

For fun, how many carries does Lee need to get 100? I say 14 which would be a career high.

vCash
    Probably should set it at 50.

I'd love to see Aeris and D. Lee each get about 50 yards. Plus 50 each for Dak and Holloway.

That said, we'll probably end up with about 150. Hopefully Dak only needs to run it 7-8 times.

vCash
    Yeah- 50 would be much better. And still under. Too many RB's getting carries
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

vCash
    I can't imagine anybody other than Dak going for a 100. One thing that worries me about this game is if the rain is bad enough to limit the passing game and we are forced to run. If that happens this could be a 6-3 type game. I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good. If it is as advertised then this rain could be a huge limiting factor. Hopefully, we can get an early lead and then just let our D stuff their offense the rest of the night. This is a game we have to have and one we are more than capable of winning. Just got to go out and do it and hope we don't get anybody hurt on that stupid fake turf.

vCash
    You CAN throw the football in the rain. Really good passing teams can even be better at it in the rain because it's easier for the receivers to get open. Missouri has field turf, it's not like it's going to be a mud hole anyway.

vCash
    under. if anyone gets 100 it would be Dak

vCash
    If we can hang on to the ball and Dak gets a good grip throwing it we can use the rain to our advantage against a very good defense. I think our passing yards may surprise some folks. I look for us to turn some short throws into some long gains.

vCash
    Guess I just worry how sometimes our receivers seem to have a hard time holding on to the ball when it is dry. I shudder to think what a driving rain might do. I keep envisioning balls going through our receivers hands and up into the air to get picked off. Really hope I am wrong.

vCash
    If we get 100 yards rushing a game from all our backs combined we won't lose another game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Guess I just worry how sometimes our receivers seem to have a hard time holding on to the ball when it is dry. I shudder to think what a driving rain might do. I keep envisioning balls going through our receivers hands and up into the air to get picked off. Really hope I am wrong.
    not sure about rain but if there is a steady or gusting wind that def won't help
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    not sure about rain but if there is a steady or gusting wind that def won't help
    Forecast from the NWS was for winds gusting to around 20-25mph during the afternoon and dropping to around 10-15mph that night.

vCash
    Or yall could go lay your vCash on if we get 150 yards rushing as a team....

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good.
    Missouri's second in the conference in yards-per-carry allowed (about 2.9 ypc), and second in the conference in TFLs. (They're also 1st in scoring defense, 2nd in total defense, and 3rd in sacks, FWIW.) But I'm not sure they've faced a runner as strong as Dak yet, whether at the RB or QB position. Chubb was out when they played Georgia; Vandy, Florida, and Kentucky aren't great running teams; and South Carolina, whose running stats are actually okay, was without its starting RB when they played Missouri

vCash
    Way under. I would be happy with 50.

He would need about 20 carries to get 100 against Missouri, and I think he'll get about 8. We would beat any team in the country if one of our RBs got 100. I agree with mic that we would likely win out if we got 100/game from all our RBs combined.

vCash
    I can't imagine anybody other than Dak going for a 100. One thing that worries me about this game is if the rain is bad enough to limit the passing game and we are forced to run. If that happens this could be a 6-3 type game. I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good. If it is as advertised then this rain could be a huge limiting factor. Hopefully, we can get an early lead and then just let our D stuff their offense the rest of the night. This is a game we have to have and one we are more than capable of winning. Just got to go out and do it and hope we don't get anybody hurt on that stupid fake turf.
    if we do have to go to the run, I can't imagine a situation where Williams/Lee combined for 25+ carries that they wouldn't get at least 125+. Either of those two have big play threat ability so a toadstrangler doesn't concern me. What concerns me is those two not getting chances in a situation where we need to rush the ball.

vCash
    We are still going to throw the ball. We are not going to change what we are doing. Rain helps. WR can get open easier. DB's slip and fall down. I don't think it effects throwing the ball as much as you think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    if we do have to go to the run, I can't imagine a situation where Williams/Lee combined for 25+ carries that they wouldn't get at least 125+. Either of those two have big play threat ability so a toadstrangler doesn't concern me. What concerns me is those two not getting chances in a situation where we need to rush the ball.
    The duo had 13 carries for 34 yards against UK.... So I'll take the under for both added together.

vCash
    We will be lucky to have 100 yards rushing against Missouri combined even including Dak's numbers. They are salty against the run and our rushing offense stinks. Rain or shine we will be throwing the ball unless its just a monsoon.

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    i'm gonna go ahead and guess 0 carries 0 yards 0 snaps for d lee