Thread: Memphis Game Thread (anybody care?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    17 this season. I'm pro-life but this is nothing but a coat hanger late term abortion of a season. 17 this shit. this is pure bullshit. 17 me. 17 this season. Cohen do work. 17 Hendo. he can go 17 himself, I don't care how good uh pitching coach he is. 17 that dumbass. and yea, I'm pissed right now. please excuse me.
    I laughed. Hey man, we know how you feel. Just poured me 3 fingers of Woodford. Have a drink and relax. This team is not going to wake up tomorrow and go on a long win streak, not gonna happen. MSU baseball won't be fixed until after this season. I just try to think how I would feel if a player was my son. I just can't hate on them. They are Dawgs. I feel your pain.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandawg View Post
    I laughed. Hey man, we know how you feel. Just poured me 3 fingers of Woodford. Have a drink and relax. This team is not going to wake up tomorrow and go on a long win streak, not gonna happen. MSU baseball won't be fixed until after this season. I just try to think how I would feel if a player was my son. I just can't hate on them. They are Dawgs. I feel your pain.

got a lot of pitching to replace next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    got a lot of pitching to replace next season
    Yep, we will have to replace a lot of pitching, we need a catcher, and some more hitting. What I meant was we can't fix all of that until we fix the coaching situation at the end of the season.

vCash
    Yep, we will have to replace a lot of pitching, we need a catcher, and some more hitting. What I meant was we can't fix all of that until we fix the coaching situation at the end of the season.
    Hayden Jones and Luke Hancock are 2 promising catcher prospects and both should be in Starkville next fall. Maybe we can find a grad transfer pitcher like France to help ease the losses.

vCash
    Our pitching has been decimated by Tommy John. I've never seen so many arm injuries. We have had bad luck pitching for 2 years. It's time for that to change. We need some big arms to come to school.

vCash
    Our pitching has been decimated by Tommy John. I've never seen so many arm injuries. We have had bad luck pitching for 2 years. It's time for that to change. We need some big arms to come to school.
    Carter Stewart, Cole Winn, and JT Ginn are big time arms. Stewart and Winn are 100% going pro. Maybe we can keep Ginn. I'm not sure if any of the other guys are going to be ready for SEC weekends.

vCash
    Carter Stewart, Cole Winn, and JT Ginn are big time arms. Stewart and Winn are 100% going pro. Maybe we can keep Ginn. I'm not sure if any of the other guys are going to be ready for SEC weekends.
    Yeah, I think Ginn is probably the only one to make it to campus. The new coach will have to be a magician for a couple of years with the pitching staff he will inherit. Good news is if it is a "home run" hire it won't take him long.

vCash
    Yeah, I think Ginn is probably the only one to make it to campus. The new coach will have to be a magician for a couple of years with the pitching staff he will inherit. Good news is if it is a "home run" hire it won't take him long.
    I agree with Todd that we need to really get away from Juco recruiting. I'm ok with maybe 1 a year if he's a MS kid. So let's get out of that Juco rut and start stacking up some classes. That's one of the things I like about McDonnel, he doesn't recruit jucos. There are plenty of kids in MS, AL, GA, and TN to field championship caliber baseball teams.

vCash
    I agree with Todd that we need to really get away from Juco recruiting. I'm ok with maybe 1 a year if he's a MS kid. So let's get out of that Juco rut and start stacking up some classes. That's one of the things I like about McDonnel, he doesn't recruit jucos. There are plenty of kids in MS, AL, GA, and TN to field championship caliber baseball teams.
    We need to continue to get the best in Mississippi and the surrounding area. And then fill in with players from California, Florida, Georgia, and Texas. Sort of like football Louisiana is a sort of underrated area. I think Missouri and North Carolina are also underrated areas as well. Vandy has gotten a few guys from New England that are elite also.

vCash
    I would stay away from Juco pitching too unless they just are too good to pass up. That doesn't happen very often. If we are going to stack up HS arms we can't just go after the Elite arms only, too many are real draft risks. We have to identify and sign guys that have good solid HS careers that can grow into a SEC pitcher. Top level HS pitchers that grow and get better will stock your staff with quality arms. Then it's up to the coach to develop them. Just too much risk in trying to bring in too many Elite arms. If you can get 1 Elite arm every year or two, and stack up good quality HS arms every year you can have a top staff. You can win with good pitching.

vCash
    Wes Johnson is Arkansas problem now. It might happen, but I really don't see a rash of TJ's in our future. Cohen now knows how badly he ****ed up not just with Cann, but with letting Hendo take over. Listening tonight, he was about ready to jump out of that broadcast booth and relieve GH. We can trust Cohen for one more hire...and it better be a National Title, slam dunk type of hire. The New Dude is a HUGE bargaining chip... so let us not think ANY coach is out or reach.

Banned
    vCash

you good bro, no need to apologize. you good. I'm just pissed off right now. this shit just sux ass right now and it's not deserved IMO. I'm just mad. end of story. I won't Hendo in prison without a rope and I want Cohen to be upset. as he should be. let's fix this shit. NOW!!

vCash
    We've got 6 freshman position players that look promising: Allen, Westburg, Hatcher, Jordan, Foscue and Anderson. Crazy that we don't have any freshman pitchers. Maybe Small will come back for 1 more year and we can get some of these signees in school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    you good bro, no need to apologize. you good. I'm just pissed off right now. this shit just sux ass right now and it's not deserved IMO. I'm just mad. end of story. I won't Hendo in prison without a rope and I want Cohen to be upset. as he should be. let's fix this shit. NOW!!
    No worries, just trying to help keep you from blowing a gasket. Carry on.