Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who #2?
    Sounding like we’re about to hire Marcus Woodson to replace TBuck. I don’t like our staff so far. I’m just being honest. I’ll support them bc I’m willing to give JoMo’s hires a chance....but I do not like what I’m seeing.

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=214

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Sounding like we’re about to hire Marcus Woodson to replace TBuck. I don’t like our staff so far. I’m just being honest. I’ll support them bc I’m willing to give JoMo’s hires a chance....but I do not like what I’m seeing.

We need guys with MS ties that can recruit our state and the south. There just aren't many former MSU players that are DB coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We need guys with MS ties that can recruit our state and the south. There just aren't many former MSU players that are DB coaches.
    There’s a bunch that aren’t former OM players though

vCash
    There’s a bunch that aren’t former OM players though
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.

vCash
    Yeah, I hear you. It just doesn't bother me at all. He is known as a great recruiter. I'm just different than 99% of the posters on here in the fact that I wish we only talked about OM during Egg Bowl week.
    This, we’re a page about MSU sports yet half of the posts seem to be about TSUN.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I feel the same. If you can coach & recruit I don't care where you went to school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I feel the same. If you can coach & recruit I don't care where you went to school.
    It’s not about them being from a team I hate....It’s about being from our in state rival and a team that our season being good or bad usually depends on us beating them to end the year. Not to mention, guys that will one day probably coach at Ole Miss yet will know the ins and outs of our recruiting tactics and program if you know what I mean. It’s just not smart in my opinion. 1 guy if he’s a badass? Okay. But 2 or 3 average position coaches? Why? Bad move imo

vCash
    It’s not about them being from a team I hate....It’s about being from our in state rival and a team that our season being good or bad usually depends on us beating them to end the year. Not to mention, guys that will one day probably coach at Ole Miss yet will know the ins and outs of our recruiting tactics and program if you know what I mean. It’s just not smart in my opinion. 1 guy if he’s a badass? Okay. But 2 or 3 average position coaches? Why? Bad move imo
    The problem is some of you are viewing this through the eyes of a fan. This is their profession and most don’t give a shit about a rivalry. So you honestly think these guys are on a secret spy mission to infiltrate our program. If the guys can coach who gives a shit where they played.

vCash
    100% agree.

vCash
    Is he a great recruiter? Everyone on earth seems to be a "great recruiter", but then when you look at their on-field position group that supposed talent isn't coming through. Memphis pass D is 122 out of 129. I don't care who he can sign I care about results, and his track record is a**. Forget the OM stuff... Hiring him and Johnson seems to be getting a MS guy above both proven recruiting chops and on-field coaching. I care about coaching 1st, proven recruiting ability 2nd, and how good we think he'll fit with local culture 3rd. The OM hires can ONLY be justified by assuming "Mississippi ties" will equal 2) and 3). Neither coach has proven 1). 122nd is straight a**

Yes I support Moorhead and the rest of the hires, so don't think I'm trolling. but those 2 hires reek of caring about MS ties to check off a box at the expense of all else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Is he a great recruiter? Everyone on earth seems to be a "great recruiter", but then when you look at their on-field position group that supposed talent isn't coming through. Memphis pass D is 122 out of 129. I don't care who he can sign I care about results, and his track record is a**. Forget the OM stuff... Hiring him and Johnson seems to be getting a MS guy above both proven recruiting chops and on-field coaching. I care about coaching 1st, proven recruiting ability 2nd, and how good we think he'll fit with local culture 3rd. The OM hires can ONLY be justified by assuming "Mississippi ties" will equal 2) and 3). Neither coach has proven 1). 122nd is straight a**

Yes I support Moorhead and the rest of the hires, so don't think I'm trolling. but those 2 hires reek of caring about MS ties to check off a box at the expense of all else.
    Seriously, how do you think OM fans would express themselves if they thought they were about to have multiple coaches on their staff that were MSU graduates? Yea, these guys may do alright but I seriously don't see the reason to not keep TBuck and Looney to bring in some coaches that are OM graduates that are really no more proven. TBuck is actually more proven as a recruiter. Guess the question in my mind is if these guys are so great why is Matt Luke not trying to get them on his staff? I bet he could hire them away from us in a heartbeat if he decides he wants them. I'm OK with one on staff but any more than that certainly does not smell right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, how do you think OM fans would express themselves if they thought they were about to have multiple coaches on their staff that were MSU graduates? Yea, these guys may do alright but I seriously don't see the reason to not keep TBuck and Looney to bring in some coaches that are OM graduates that are really no more proven. TBuck is actually more proven as a recruiter. Guess the question in my mind is if these guys are so great why is Matt Luke not trying to get them on his staff? I bet he could hire them away from us in a heartbeat if he decides he wants them. I'm OK with one on staff but any more than that certainly does not smell right.
    They wouldn't be happy with it but again that's because they want people that will work with their Network. Woodson and Johnson are Cutcliffe guys- they aren't necessarily Network guys to my knowledge. Matt Luke, Hugh Freeze, Maurice Harris- all Network guys.

vCash
    Is T Buck leaving? He was in Cappe's last night recruiting for State. Made several phone calls to recruits while he was there.

Banned
    vCash

Only two hires I like at all is Huff and HUD.