Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spring game thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    It did seem as if all the kickoffs were short
    The new rule probably effected how we handle kickoffs now. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The new rule probably effected how we handle kickoffs now. Just a thought.
    Very doubtful
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    What does your prediction last year have to do with this spring game? I'm just saying, if you are a football coach and you can't take into consideration the new O, there will be some bad reads and missed assignments, you might want to rethink things. Just trying to help buddy. If you're not a football coach, spend more time around one.

Key has made some nice throws. The other qbs won't play anyway.
    No no. I am talking about Key! And a new offense has zero to do with looking down a receiver and not seeing open people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Players are split. If you mean evenly between the teams then you didn't look at the rosters. Maroon was all 1st teamers. White offense started out moving right thru them early on.
    No. That is not what I meant. The teams are not even. However, starters are on both teams. Thanks for assuming though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgRockur View Post
    No. That is not what I meant. The teams are not even. However, starters are on both teams. Thanks for assuming though.
    More starters on maroon than white this year
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Damn.

The defense isn't headhunting in a spring game. They're basically playing with one arm behind their back. They can't even tackle the QB for God's sake.
    I know that. But there were some busted assignments early on. I imagine while not head hunting they didn't want to let Gibson bust loose up the middle. They pretty much took that play off (and a few others early on).

vCash
    I swear if you took everybody that posted in this thread down to a street corner and they witnessed a car crash between a maroon car and a white car, half would say it was the maroon car's fault and the other half would say, BS, it was the white car's fault.

The truth is that there was both positive and negative take aways from this spring game. Within that context you have to remember that it is just a spring game, nothing more and nothing less. September is the real deal and I am still woolly for a great year if CJM can instill the precision in execution he is constantly trying to instill into our talented players.

vCash

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Not uncovered kick offs. The kick off itself.

Not 3rd string qbs. The guy who might end up starting. Not passes to bench people.

Don't assume I left because of the game. I never stated that. I said I just left the game. We left to go eat where I watched the rest.
    The way you phrased that statement sounded like you left because you were upset about the scrimmage. Seemed a little dramatic.

I just don't watch these things expecting too much. The year we hit #1 I fell asleep during the scrimmage game. Same things this year. Maybe that's a sign...

If I ever see too much offense in a scrimmage I get worried. That has never led to a good season for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    No no. I am talking about Key! And a new offense has zero to do with looking down a receiver and not seeing open people.
    It does if he's not sure of his read because he's learning a new O. Geez dude get a grip, it's just a spring game. Key is a sophomore learning a whole new system. Look man, you're a dawg, I'm a dawg, we both want wants best. I do think if you'll chill and give it some time, you'll be pleased with the product put on the field. Just be patient. You're melting over nothing. Have a good evening.

vCash
    The most important things were we showed up and broke the attendance record like our new coach asked us to do, and there didn't appear to be any injuries.

The 2 main positives I saw were Austin Williams and Kylin Hill. We already knew about Kylin, but Austin looks good. And also, that back up QB guy, Rip looked like a giant out there. Was it just me, or was his number even bigger than everyone elses?

vCash
    There’s always a guy in a thread that’s going to say stupid shit.. just to get some run.
    If Key had gone 30-33 with 485 he would have bitched about the Defesne..

And about the kickoffs. Holy ****ing shit people. Are you serious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Baby saquon
    I don?t think Kylin would want to be called Baby anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    I don?t think Kylin would want to be called Baby anything
    It wasn't meant to be derogatory at all, I meant it as a compliment. Guess I should've said "New Saquon".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    It wasn't meant to be derogatory at all, I meant it as a compliment. Guess I should've said "New Saquon".
    Kylin Hill works well
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Kylin Hill works well
    Okay. Kylin Hill it is.

vCash
    Kylin Hill works well

^
    THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I know that. But there were some busted assignments early on. I imagine while not head hunting they didn't want to let Gibson bust loose up the middle. They pretty much took that play off (and a few others early on).
    And none of that really bothers me at all. A shit ton of Tennessee players basically quit in the second half of their spring game. That program is a dumpster fire.

vCash
    Let’s just make it through tonight with no arrests.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    And none of that really bothers me at all. A shit ton of Tennessee players basically quit in the second half of their spring game. That program is a dumpster fire.
    Did y'all see where Pruitt called out the players AND the fans?

vCash
    Explain this more please. What happened?