Thread: Jeff Long out as Ark AD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    If their AD gone it means Bert is safe until a new AD comes in. As soon as he learns where the departmental coffee pot and restroom are located, he will take on the task of firing Bert and negotiating his contract pay off.

This means they have a few busy weeks ahead of them, so that they can take care of everything before recruiting season passes them by. My opinion is that Bert most likely isn't concentrating too hard on recruiting right now. Surely he knows he is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MeridianDog View Post
    If their AD gone it means Bert is safe until a new AD comes in. As soon as he learns where the departmental coffee pot and restroom are located, he will take on the task of firing Bert and negotiating his contract pay off.

This means they have a few busy weeks ahead of them, so that they can take care of everything before recruiting season passes them by. My opinion is that Bert most likely isn't concentrating too hard on recruiting right now. Surely he knows he is gone.
    I wonder if Fat Bert is already looking for another job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I wonder if Fat Bert is already looking for another job.
    I am unsure who would consider hiring him. If is able to find anyone who will give him a job, he should bail today - just in case something shiny flies by and they change their minds.

vCash
    I am unsure who would consider hiring him. If is able to find anyone who will give him a job, he should bail today - just in case something shiny flies by and they change their minds.
    Probably not as a head man but more than likely he's trying to get a OL coach gig somewhere.

vCash
    Why did Bert leave WI in the first place? I guess money is the answer, but he is a Big X guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Why did Bert leave WI in the first place? I guess money is the answer, but he is a Big X guy.
    Wanted to get out from under Barry Alvarez's thumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    For the southern cooking.

vCash
    I think Nebraska might give it a go if they don't land Scott Frost. He is a proven winner in the BIG,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I think Nebraska might give it a go if they don't land Scott Frost. He is a proven winner in the BIG,
    Good thought.

He would be a good fit there.

As a bonus, there are plenty of places 45 minutes away in Omaha the stripper could spend the 4MM. Not so much in Fayetteville.