Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Take the Money and Run" may apply to someone other than Don Merlin. Hearing that AJ

vCash
    I think as long as you put it to a team vote and made him be a walk on then no one would have a problem with it. I just highly doubt many on the team would want him back

Banned
    vCash
    he's got one more year of college football then he's gone to Sunday pay day. that's it in a nutshell.

vCash
    He communicates with many of our team members thru Twitter. It's the only reason why I could actually believe such a rumor.
    Last edited by klong-dog; 12-05-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    this is an embarrassment of an ED thread. I would vote for it's termination / deletion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    1) I don't belive it. 2) I don't think we will touch him with a 40 foot pole.
    100% on both counts
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Check your pride at the door. AJ Brown is the best WR in the SEC. That's not me just saying that that's the coaches and media voting him that. Besides DB we are the weakest at WR outta any position on the field. With him on the team this year we go 10-2 not 8-4. I can check my pride for another ten win season especially since all the bad feelings got started with him making fun of Muffin's recruiting basically. We all make fun of Muffin's recruiting especially now that he's gone. Look at the multiple threads on the first page of this board making fun of his recruiting at Florida if you don't believe me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Check your pride at the door. AJ Brown is the best WR in the SEC. That's not me just saying that that's the coaches and media voting him that. Besides DB we are the weakest at WR outta any position on the field. With him on the team this year we go 10-2 not 8-4. I can check my pride for another ten win season especially since all the bad feelings got started with him making fun of Muffin's recruiting basically. We all make fun of Muffin's recruiting especially now that he's gone. Look at the multiple threads on the first page of this board making fun of his recruiting at Florida if you don't believe me.
    No morals or ethics^^^^^

(obviously*********************)

vCash
    Wish I had the energy to go back when he signed and see how many of you wanting him here so bad, argued me up and down that he was overated when I said he was the best in the state and one of the best in years to come out of the state
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Do not want . The rented mule needs to stay up on the plantation. He's one of them now

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I can’t believe that we still have people that actually believe that AJ brown would play football at MSU. This has to be a troll. There is no way people actually believe this has any chance of happening.

vCash

Pride really doesn't have anything to do with it. So you think it was because our prior coaching staff didn't give him the love he wanted. In that case love = ? (If anybody can't figure that one out). I don't think anybody is saying he is not an elite receiver on the "field". So you want a player with no work ethics, a me me type player, and all his drama, and how he felt about MSU, (See 2017 Egg Bowl), but those feelings have now changed, and he now loves MSU, since the sanctions came down? OK! You may want to get our coaches and the players' opinions, if they want somebody like this in their locker room?

vCash
    I just wish we would make a run at Jefferson, Nixon, and/or lodge.

vCash
    Most of AJ's issues started with him dissing Muffin and our former coaches for not recruiting him enough. He didn't like Muffin. I don't like Muffin very much either right now and AJ is 1st team All-SEC WR with two years left (probably leave after 1). Maybe all the issues between AJ and MSU just left with Muffin man. Something to consider. He is pretty ****ing good and I am the guy that lead the "Hell No to AJ" brigade for two years but something has changed for me with Muffin's departure.

I have decided. MSU should take AJ but not on scholarship. He can pay his own way with Ole Miss money (we are dirt cheap so that's like 10k over 2 years). He does that and all bad feelings are squashed for me at least.
    Doesn't his mother work for MSU? maybe doesn't any longer?
    Ifso he would get a break on tuition

vCash
    What's it like living in the baptist choir?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    NO..... Mullen and MSU recruited AJ as the NCAA policies and procedures state. They were not in the football field house before, during and after home ball games, they were not in the baseball field house, they weren't inside the school during dead times. They were not contacting SA on burner phones, they did not give the SA's illegal benefits.. It adds up, folks... The ANSWER is NO.... just leave it alone...

You need to read the article from yesterday....

https://twitter.com/SBNationCFB/stat...53156351729666

We do not want nor do we need this bad apple in our locker room.... It's time to move on..... Totally..... MSU was recruiting Kobe Jones at the same time.... Why did one sign and not the other one??? "Sho me da mony...."

vCash
    Seriously think this is a troll job

vCash
    I think this is a troll job as well and would give it <1% of happening, BUT if the best WR in the SEC, possibly the country, wants to play in Maroon and White, why would i prevent him from doing it? That sounds ridiculous.

Like many have stated, my prideful side says 17 him. But, my winning side knows that the prideful side is dumb and doesn't give a 17. I too have seen him interacting with many members of our team on twitter and I highly doubt there would be any issues in the lockeroom. Players recognize other gifted players. Why wouldn't they want him helping them win an SEC Championship?

Banned
    vCash
    I do not think it's a troll job. I think the purpose is to gauge the thoughts/feelings from MSU fans in threads exactly like this one so here's your chance. Put your thoughts/feelings about it in here. He can read them and make a decision on what's best for him. It certainly isn't staying in Oxford where 1 QB is gone and the other maybe gone soon too and last I checked WRs need decent QBs to throw them the ball. MSU makes the most sense for AJ. He's from here, he knows half our team and we have a great senior QB coming back. He can play at home and raise his NFL stock to borderline 1st round. Shut your mouth and play hard and you'll make millions of dollars.

vCash
    While there is no question AJ had his hand out and he has talked a lot of crap about MSU, there is also no question in my mind that Dan didn't recruit him hard enough.

I think both are at "fault"- but moreso Dan IMO. If you have a local player that is talented like that you don't just drop them because they want to get more "love"/"attention" from you or because someone close to them doesn't understand that you don't go directly to the head coach with your hand out. The Ole Miss bagmen hanging out around Starkville and the Starkville assistant that was steering them to Ole Miss should have been dealt with much sooner than they were. And that is the fault of Hevesy who had Starkville in his territory at that time. Even worse, you don't assume that just because a player is from Starkville that you don't have to recruit them as hard as other players. Essentially the same thing happened with Lashley without him having his hand out in the exact same cycle. We did't show him enough attention because we assumed that he would automatically come to MSU and it didn't happen there either.

Dan wanted and expected others to recruit for him- and that's simply not the job of a high school coach and it shouldn't be expected of them to do so.

Whether AJ actually wants to come to MSU or not- he could very well be trolling MSU fans because he wants to hear how awesome he is- is an issue that I'm going to have to trust Moorhead on. I think he could help but I don't think he's imperative. We're an 8-9 win team as it is without him. In reality he probably would benefit from us more than us from him. Ole Miss WR's and their offense have been lampooned on NFL games for their lack of development and lack of a route tree. Not to mention the fact that he will probably never go to a bowl in his career and his touches went down significantly when Patterson went down. And Ole Miss will likely be even worse this year which he doesn't help him either. So, if Moorhead is OK with taking him that's fine and if he's not I'm good rolling out there with Guidry, probably Whop, Heath, Todd, Couch, and Austin Williams and then Dear, Mixon, and Thomas in the slot.

And I'll say this and I might raise some eyebrows on this- but after the Ole Miss transfers that are confirmed and expected our group of WR's is going to be comparable from a raw talent standpoint to Ole Miss. We'll be younger and we may not be quite as good next year- but by 2019 we will have caught and passed them in that department.

vCash
    Yall are crazy, I'd take him in a heart beat. I believe all can be forgiven plus it would destroy the school up north.

vCash
    My disdain for Lateral Move supersedes my feelings of AJ. Roll out the red carpet if he wants to join the good guys!!

It will never happen, but think of the karma of AJ wearing maroon and white running rough shot over the FL secondary next year in Davis Wade Stadium. How awesome would that be for everyone involved, excluding Lateral Move and his merry men!