Thread: Cannizaro?????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    You don't win with the shitty effort our starters gave. THAT was the point. Cann actually did what you wanted him to do but you're too ignorant to see it.
    Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Ok so now I am ignorant. If that makes us win then by all means let the pitchers hit then. Something tells me there is a reason their mostly pitching and not hitting on a regular basis. And based on our record and tied for 2nd in the SEC I would say we have been winning. I understand your point but we will have to agree to disagree. Team has no wiggle room for another unnecessary injury if they can avoid it, especially to our Friday night guy. Unless he gets hit by a meteor of course ha ha! Then we all have bigger fish to fry.
    We didn't have the wiggle room to throw Cyr and Marrero off the team either. I don't see people regularly bitching about that. Canny felt he needed to lose depth to get the team where he wanted it. Maybe he thought it was important to show that he was willing to let the guys who want it the most to play. We don't know what would happen if he didn't sit people down. I will say that after we wrapped up the USCe series, on Sunday we looked like shit against their worst starter. Then we turned around and looked like shit against South Alabama. Canny has shown he doesn't put up with shitty effort but sometimes players have to be reminded. He can do whatever he wants in practice but it doesn't carry the same weight as doing it in a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    We didn't have the wiggle room to throw Cyr and Marrero off the team either. I don't see people regularly bitching about that. Canny felt he needed to lose depth to get the team where he wanted it. Maybe he thought it was important to show that he was willing to let the guys who want it the most to play. We don't know what would happen if he didn't sit people down. I will say that after we wrapped up the USCe series, on Sunday we looked like shit against their worst starter. Then we turned around and looked like shit against South Alabama. Canny has shown he doesn't put up with shitty effort but sometimes players have to be reminded. He can do whatever he wants in practice but it doesn't carry the same weight as doing it in a game.
    Their worst starter will go in the top 50 of the MLB draft along with their Friday and Saturday starter. We took 2 out of 3 from them at their place and was in a 1-1 tie with them in the 8th inning on Sunday.

vCash
    It's a damn shame we can't pinch hit for Dawgpatrol. He needs to sit. One of you guys take a chance on a pulling a hammy and take over this thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    And they wouldn't have hit if we had other position players to hit for them. Shit the pitchers had almost as many hits as the regulars. That in and of itself should tell you why you are wrong when some of them are taking better AB's than the position players.

Your opinion is misplaced at Cann. HE'S the only one that didn't give up. You should be pissed off at the team for their unacceptable effort. Sorry you lost 10 bucks having to watch that- but at least point your finger at the real culprits and it's not the baseball coach in this case. As a fan I expect a certain level of effort from our players and clearly we didn't get that from the position players but Cann is doing something about it and that's all I can reasonably expect and ask for.

If Pilkington had gotten hurt- I'd probably be pissed off at whoever he had to pinch hit for forcing Cann to put him in the game. I'm sure that genius thought never crossed your mind.