Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    IYOK or Ari,, or both, how do you see us closing out the '18 class including our 5 remaining commits and any surprises you can talk about?
    I think we sign 7 more. Maybe 8 before all is said and done.
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
    CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
    And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Things will change daily next few weeks. But this is where we are today
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-15-2018 at 10:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    DE - Lovett . Yeah I think we good now. Baker is huge and he finally has smart and rational people in his ear
    CB- Smith . I just don’t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don’t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn’t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.
    And we absolutely make room for Caleb Tanner who we have a shot at and make room for Ellis this summer if he qualifies.

Myles is going to Arkansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Myles is going to Arkansas
    Where have you seen this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Where have you seen this?
    I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.

vCash
    I live here in Alabama in the same town. The word here is he's going to Arkansas. Fyi, the majority of the coaches on staff for his highschool are from Arkansas. The head man coached with Gus there.
    Would be absurd to lose a defensive player to Arkansas IMO.

Here is our problem with Mason: I'm sure he just thinks he is doing the lord's work.

For some reason coaches getting involved like this, especially when both schools are out of state to the player, just agitates me.

Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-15-2018 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Would be absurd to lose a defensive player to Arkansas IMO.

Here is our problem with Mason: I'm sure he just thinks he is doing the lord's work.

For some reason coaches getting involved like this, especially when both schools are out of state to the player, just agitates me.

I've watched him play several games and he's an athlete but played little safety throughout the year. I'm not sure losing him hurts.

vCash
    Amazing the manipulation of HS coaches with some of these kids. He is being pushed to go about 4 times further away from his family to play for a program in much worse shape than ours? Ridiculous.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-15-2018 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    CB- Smith . I just don?t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don?t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn?t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.

This is good stuff! Sorry for the ignorance, who is CB Williams? I looked on 247 before asking, but didn?t see him.

vCash
    OL - McDowell and Winkel
    WR - Patterson ( Juco)
    CB- Smith . I just don?t think he goes to Bama . I think Williams flips to Tenn and I don?t think Furdge is in the class unless we miss on both .
    DB - Myles
    Ath - Watson. But wouldn?t be shocked at the last hour he flips to Aub.

Thanks for the update. Hail State!