Thread: Confidence level

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I have been off the Lemonis train since about October-November of 21. I watched how the team was handling winning a National championship and was not liking what I saw. I then went to some fall ball games and did not like what I saw from Lemonis. It had me worried. That worry has never subsided. I posted, and was raked over the coals, that we should have fired him after 21. I just think a change in leadership is needed regardless of outcome. I just do not think he is the guy to lead the program going forward. It sucks because he is such a damn nice guy, but this is results business and he does not have the positive results to justify keeping him.
    Did I read that right and you would've fired him after 21? You would have fired him right after winning the national championship? 22 and 23 were bad but no one fires a coach right after winning a natty. That has to be a typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Did I read that right and you would've fired him after 21? You would have fired him right after winning the national championship? 22 and 23 were bad but no one fires a coach right after winning a natty. That has to be a typo
    I agree. That would have been the craziest firing in the history of college sports. Well, he just won a national championship but right after that we didn't like his practices so we fired him??? Talk about having no chance to hire anyone else worth a flip. Now going back to after the '23 season I thought he should have been let go but since he wasn't I was hoping it would work out but now I'm thinking 1 run losses may end up being his demise. We may not make the post-season because of a horrendous record in one run games. We think we are doing better because we do look much better as a team than we have the past 2 seasons but we are 1-7 in one run games. So 7 of our 11 losses are by 1 run. But you know how the committee views a 1 run loss? As a loss. Folks think we are through a difficult part of the schedule but there is no weekend in the SEC (except for maybe Missouri) where its going to be easy to take a series. Turns out LSU is not all that great and I think Florida is overrated. Right now I think its only 50/50 we take the series from GA. This team needs to learn to win competitive games fast or this season is not going to end with us in the post season. I've really never seen a team perform this poorly in clutch situations. We really only win games we dominate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Nope it is not. Then again I did not want to hire him in the first place. I also knew 19-21 that he was just riding the talent of Cohen and Cann. You could see the cracks starting to form that 21 offseason and that came into fruition in the 22 season that culminated with Tennessee beating us I believe 27-2 on a Thursday night. I would have fired him then because you could tell he had zero clue how to turn it around. Lemonis has no clue how to coach in tight games and if the talent does not bail him out he will blow it with his decision making. 19 Louisville, 21 Virginia and Texas(talent bailed him out in the Virginia game and Texas Game 3), and every close game in 22 and 23
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 04-02-2024 at 11:37 PM.