Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A sign Big Softie may be out awhile?

vCash
    If you know what to look for you could see this situation coming when freeze was first questioned about it after media days. He said something along the lines of "I know very little about his situation", as if anyone believes that. To me that is code for "I'm attempting to distance myself from the eventual fallout".

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Does Freeze really expect us to think he does not know every intimate detail of the Tunsil situation? He sure seemed to think he knew enough to come out and defend him before the ink on his fingerprints was dry.
    Freeze saying he knows nothing about the Tunsil investigation would be like Hilary Clinton's campaign manager saying they know nothing about the investigation into her email scandal... So implausible it's not even funny.

Whoever is looking into this on behalf of the NCAA can't take a dump without Freeze knowing about it.

vCash
    from my bear sources - agreed to sit 3 games, bama not one of them, will sit next week and then later in the year, another OOC game they guess. They also say we have a DB that could sit next week due to suspension. I believe then on the OM stuff, zero credence on our stuff. The only "source" they have for that is usually me or other friends like me, and that ain't much, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
    from my bear sources - agreed to sit 3 games, bama not one of them, will sit next week and then later in the year, another OOC game they guess. They also say we have a DB that could sit next week due to suspension. I believe then on the OM stuff, zero credence on our stuff. The only "source" they have for that is usually me or other friends like me, and that ain't much, lol.
    NCAA out to get bama*.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Why would the NCAA agree to that? I've never heard of the NCAA issuing game suspension for a player that the school could pick and choose which game to serve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    NCAA out to get bama*.
    yeah when this news hits the spirit (letting him play vs. Bama) it'll just be "crickets chirping". Doesn't fit their narrative, lol. OM has never actually lost a game to bam a on the field, did you know that? Always the Refs/slive/ doyle jackson and replay/ some ex asst coach/etc etc etc.

vCash
    good point, and I have no idea. May be completely FOS or misinformed. I'm not vouching for it at all just passing on. Take it with a grain of salt.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why would the NCAA agree to that? I've never heard of the NCAA issuing game suspension for a player that the school could pick and choose which game to serve.
    good point 7. another question is this. if the NCAA is concerned about something, and they find that something illegal happened, are we going to know what it was? if any of the things that step dad said are proven true, and the only thing that happens is the player has to miss 3 games , then damn. if you think the flood gates are open now, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeh I would think that would piss the NCAA off even more if you just sit him for the cupcakes and play him when you need him. Let's hope Freeze is that stupid

vCash
    The NCAA suspended Ohio State "tat-gate" players the following year after they beat arkie in a bowl game....

No.

vCash
    that's as bogus as a 3 dollar bill, even as toothless as the NCAA is they would never agree to such bunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    The NCAA suspended Ohio State "tat-gate" players the following year after they beat arkie in a bowl game....
    Forgot about that. I think the fact that it was a major bowl game may have played into their decision. I've never heard of a player being suspended by the NCAA for 3 games that aren't consecutive though.

They may as well let ole miss decide to break the suspension down to quarters or let tunsil serve 2 of those games next season
    Last edited by msstate7; 09-07-2015 at 06:04 PM.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    If he's suspended 3 game it will be the 1st 3. You can't pick your games you want to miss.

vCash
    I agree with all y'all. So I called them on it. They disagreed, said Patrick Willis was suspended (I never knew about that, I guess they kept it under wraps, fake injury or sick?, and they picked his game - an OOC game.
    Like I said they very well could be FOS, we'll see in a couple weeks either way.

Tusk y'all go through this kind of thing constantly, you got any input?

vCash
    I agree with all y'all. So I called them on it. They disagreed, said Patrick Willis was suspended (I never knew about that, I guess they kept it under wraps, fake injury or sick?, and they picked his game - an OOC game.
    Like I said they very well could be FOS, we'll see in a couple weeks either way.

Tusk y'all go through this kind of thing constantly, you got any input?
    Man, it's been a while since we've suspended anyone (discounting Scarborough/NCAA thing)... usually it's summertime discipline issues and they get suspended for the season's first game, though...

of course, if you meant an opponent suspending a good player for the Bama game... no that doesn't happen a lot...

No.

Geezer
    vCash
    If he misses bama he misses the season.
    I think you are right and what if the NCAA has really investigated ? We all know CJ was bought and paid for too. Will be interesting if he is out again this week too. I do know Tunsil's step dad has vanished, so that tells me he either got paid off or he was worried about his health from the rebel haters. We will all know when Bama rolls around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastdoglover View Post
    I think you are right and what if the NCAA has really investigated ? We all know CJ was bought and paid for too. Will be interesting if he is out again this week too. I do know Tunsil's step dad has vanished, so that tells me he either got paid off or he was worried about his health from the rebel haters. We will all know when Bama rolls around.
    If Tunsil and his agent are smart, thye may consider skipping the Bama game, regardless... there is nothing good that can come from facing that DL....

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well they are waiting on the NCAA to rule- they know something is coming. They are trying to self-impose 2 games and hope the NCAA is cool with it. They know they cant beat Bammer without him- so they may go ahead and play him there.

CJ Hampton also being suspended is interesting as well.
    They can't beat Bama with him. They won't be able to run the ball and that gimmick offense doesn't work when you don't have match ups to exploit.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They know they cant beat Bammer without him- so they may go ahead and play him there.
    Alabama is something like 46-3 in T-town under Saban (undefeated since 2012) over the last seven years, with 2 losses to teams that either played for or won the NC and the third loss to an A&M team led by a Heisman trophy winning QB and several other first round draft picks. Ole Miss doesn't have nearly the firepower of any of those teams. Throw in the revenge factor from last year and they have absolutely no chance of winning that game with or without Tunsil. None whatsoever.

This is one time where it would be smart for Ole Miss to know their place. They no doubt through their own back channels have learned of some potential infractions that the NCAA may have uncovered. With a prospect like Tunsil, its not a question of whether infractions happened but how many and what could potentially be proven. This would have been true for whichever school he would have signed with, Ole Miss or elsewhere. It would be in Ole Miss's best interest to try and expedite the investigation by self admitting to one of the smaller items and proposing a 3 or 4 game suspension (similar to AJ Green a few years ago). This would mean him missing the Bama game, but see above. Ole Miss isn't winning that game anyway, but by sitting him for that one the NCAA will think the admin means business. The NCAA isn't going to blink over a 2 game suspension against overmatched nonconference opponents.

vCash
    Does Freeze really expect us to think he does not know every intimate detail of the Tunsil situation? He sure seemed to think he knew enough to come out and defend him before the ink on his fingerprints was dry.
    The Obama of college football.