Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
People disagreeing on abortion? Weird.

When does life start? Intercourse? Conception? Heartbeat? Birth? First breath? If you ask a million people you'll get a million different answers. Nobody can agree on this. And if nobody agrees when the right to life even begins, it probably shouldn't be something the gubbermant gets overly involved with, making laws and enforcement policies, etc... Big brother and all... it'll change constantly every time the other political party takes office. New laws, new health impacts, new population impacts, legal consequences, judicial/penal system impacts, etc... It's a never ending cycle over an argument that the government needs to stay away from until we either become super enlightened as an entire society and an obvious answer slaps us in the face and/or we have new science and technology developments that impact the argument (e.g., all of a sudden there are no more accidental pregnancies).

I am a personally pro-life. I don't think I could sanction it or agree with it if it were a personal issue... but I also don't think everyone should be pro life just because I am. So, from a policy perspective I've always leaned a little more pro-choice because I'm generally supportive of "pro-less government-involvement" in most social dilemmas...

What happened to states rights? Is that still a thing? The citizens of Mississippi and the citizens of California may have very different, deeply entrenched cultural beliefs on this issue. Why can't Mississippi have different laws than California? Why is this a federal government issue now? If it's a national issue, why isn't a global issue?

Please play nice in the sandbox when discussing.
Well this is exactly what the Supreme Court ruling did. All it did was send the power back to the states to make their own laws in regards to abortion. It?s where it should be now.