Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
Groupthink is not the best thing for MSU in any sport. See MSU baseball circa 1992-2008.

Not to mention how silly you look now. Ranging from "Who could we possibly get that's as good as Dan Mullen?" Answer- one of the top OC and offensive minds in all of college football with a guy that Tennessee hired and is one of the best recruiters in the country who knows the Nick Saban system basically begging for our job who WE turned down. That's right- TENNESSEE had to hire a guy we didn't want. To "Dan Mullen to Maryland isn't true".

It's good to support the program- but high standards must be maintained. And if a coach isn't maintaining those standards whether it be wins/losses, recruiting, looking for jobs indiscriminately or whatever the case may be- that coach should be called out on it rather than blindly defended. There's a big difference in support and sticking your head in the sand.
If I think the negative outweighs the positive I'll go after a coach. Mullen did a LOT for MSU, and anyone who says otherwise is just either stupid, bitter, or had a personal grudge. Now that he is gone I see no need to defend him. I thought he had faults too, you would be surprised. I just didn't voice them when he was our coach. If he had started losing I would have. He never really did so I defended him. The only group think I see is in this thread.