Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving on to BrickBall tomorrow... What do you need to see to fan that flame of hope?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We make two more buckets and none of y'all are bitching. Instead you're singing their praises and we are ranked. It can't be that way. Total high-fives or total **** you's just by a matter of a couple points. Again we are a very young team still. No seniors. Gotta take some lumps still unfortunately.
    We've been ''a couple buckets'' short for almost a decade now. Its gotten old. I remember after Cohen had that bad year, what was it around here ''No Mora excuses''??

Howland should have ''No mora excuses'' if we dont at least make the NIT

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    We've been ''a couple buckets'' short for almost a decade now. Its gotten old. I remember after Cohen had that bad year, what was it around here ''No Mora excuses''??

I hear ya but we always want things faster than they come. Howland in year 3 has a team younger and visibly more talented than Kennedy has rostered in his 10th season. It sucks we didn't finish but we clearly have a brighter future than Ole Miss does.

vCash
    A couple of buckets short? Maybe at home last year but didn’t we lose to these same asshats by like 28 in the Pavilion last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post

Cohen had losing seasons his first two years and I'm not sure how much time he would have gotten had he not gotten us to a SR in year three. I remember an article before that season in the Clarion-Ledger talking about how he had to show some progress that year.

I don't have the same expectations in basketball as baseball- but I'd like to see Howland get us to the NIT this year. If he does that and beats Ole Miss in Starkville I'm good with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    A couple of buckets short? Maybe at home last year but didn’t we lose to these same asshats by like 28 in the Pavilion last year?
    Well, by that metric we've improved then.

Still should have won though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, by that metric we've improved then.

Still should have won though.
    Ole Miss had a 10 point lead at halftime against Auburn at Auburn and was in control of that game until about the 8-9 minute mark in the second half. Then the wheels fell off, the refs had a few calls go Auburn?s way and Auburn handled the rest to win by 15. Ole Miss had Stevens and Davis foul out too to the tune of having 27 fouls called on Ole Miss. Winning on the road is hard.

vCash
    I already have hope.

The only way some of the shitty fans on here will have hope is if we come out and skull drag them for 40 minutes. And even then, rest assured, they?ll scoot the goalpost back a little further and find a reason why they shouldn?t buy in to the program.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Ole Miss had a 10 point lead at halftime against Auburn at Auburn and was in control of that game until about the 8-9 minute mark in the second half. Then the wheels fell off, the refs had a few calls go Auburn?s way and Auburn handled the rest to win by 15. Ole Miss had Stevens and Davis foul out too to the tune of having 27 fouls called on Ole Miss. Winning on the road is hard.
    Auburn is finally good this year after sucking Pearl's first 3 seasons. He has one year on Howland. We are absolutely better in year 3 than Auburn with Pearl was. They finished 11th in the SEC last year and 18-14.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    I already have hope.

The only way some of the shitty fans on here will have hope is if we come out and skull drag them for 40 minutes. And even then, rest assured, they?ll scoot the goalpost back a little further and find a reason why they shouldn?t buy in to the program.
    I will take a win, period. I am already going to the games

vCash
    This thread is going to be awesome after we win the next 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    This thread is going to be awesome after we win the next 2.
    At Florida and auburn? Drinking before 8am is a sure sign of a problem

vCash
    I want to see us continue to attack the basket. Stop shooting the quick 3. That's when the game usually gets away from us.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Need to see open shots start falling. Despite all our other issues and weaknesses, we're a bubble team if Q, Peters, and Carter were shooting the same 3pt% they did last year.

vCash
    In the 2 SEC games, we are 9 of 44 from 3 and 33 of 57 at the stripe. If State is going to make the tourney, these must improve.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    In the 2 SEC games, we are 9 of 44 from 3 and 33 of 57 at the stripe. If State is going to make the tourney, these must improve.
    I agree. If we are going to make the NIT, those numbers have to get better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Auburn is finally good this year after sucking Pearl's first 3 seasons. He has one year on Howland. We are absolutely better in year 3 than Auburn with Pearl was. They finished 11th in the SEC last year and 18-14.
    Don't you come in here talking logically. It's bad for the board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    What tourney we talking?

vCash
    I would like to see some real half court offensive sets well executed. We are not that far off in most facets of the game but we stink at that. If they happened to come against a zone that would be even better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    At Florida and auburn? Drinking before 8am is a sure sign of a problem
    Don't believe me, just watch. We might be favored against AU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Don't believe me, just watch. We might be favored against AU.
    I want to be wrong, but I do not see us going into Florida tonight and winning