Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
Glad we can agree that missing the tourney next year = fired.

However, on us being better next year... what Fr contributors do we have on offense? None. Last year we got Jordan, Mershon, and Highfill who could play better than any current Fr. This group can't hit worth a lick right now. Last year we got 3 very flawed but high ceiling pitchers (Loo, Holcomb, and Loftin) this Fr class it seems we got 1 (Stevens). Yes any one of them could blow up and be All SEC I'm not saying they have no potential in this class, I'm saying they have shown us absolutely nothing
I'm not saying we would be better next year- but we should be good enough. Stevens, Cupp, Dirtbag, Chance, Spalitta, MacKenzie. I mean we dont really know about some of the freshmen- we arent going to sit Hugesak, Jordan, Hines, Larry...We will def have to get a couple of portal guys to come in

Dont forget about Grant in this Freshman class. Yes he will be coming off surgery but he was very highly rated. We have arms returning next year that should be fine and ready to ball.

I just think the "we're gonna suck next year" is in the same category as Lemon has lost this team or Lemon cant improve the team coming into this year. It's people guessing when they really just dont know.