Thread: Jalen Hurts- slide on over to Starkville, Ms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    i didn’t say Tua was supposed to look the safety off or scratch his nuts- I’m saying the Safety wasn’t fooled by Tua. There was no deep middle threat for the Safety to freeze on. Tua made a really good throw and won the game for them- but the mistakes by the Safety and CB are inexplicable

Stop being so simple-minded. It’s QB 101 not to stare a WR down- especially on 4 verts from a Trip’s set
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKVrY6C0aRY

Film don't lie. He was clearly looking the other direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PonderThis2 View Post

The S may have not been completely fooled, but between the receivers loaded up on the right side and Tua staring #3 down, the S certainly "locked up"...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash

Ok- I'll type slower so maybe you can understand:

Where the QB was looking has nothing to do with the ******* Safety. There was no WR threat pressing the middle for the Safety to be looked off too. If you watch the Safety in the video- he softly backpedals and stays on the hash. He didnt stay as deep as the deepest threat- the X- as he is taught to do. If Tua had "looked him off" he would have drifted toward the middle of the field. He didnt do that- his ass didnt get deep like he is supposed to.

The CB who was sinking- hesitated because he saw the crosser and expected the Safety to be over the top for him.

I can't explain it any simpler or understand it for you
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

Where the QB was looking has nothing to do with the ******* Safety. There was no WR threat pressing the middle for the Safety to be looked off too. If you watch the Safety in the video- he softly backpedals and stays on the hash. He didnt stay as deep as the deepest threat- the X- as he is taught to do. If Tua had "looked him off" he would have drifted toward the middle of the field. He didnt do that- his ass didnt get deep like he is supposed to.

The CB who was sinking- hesitated because he saw the crosser and expected the Safety to be over the top for him.

In a vacuum, that makes sense to me... In your opinion, what influenced the Safety in his decision to do what he did?

(I'm NOT an Xs Os guy)

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    In a vacuum, that makes sense to me... In your opinion, what influenced the Safety in his decision to do what he did?

(I'm NOT an Xs Os guy)
    He was a dumbass plain and simple. It was basically two vs one and the safety didn't do the simplest rule of cover 2. He wasn't disciplined.

vCash

Let me say it differently so maybe you understand.

If Tua doesn't look the other way, then what does the Safety do on that play? I understand coverage. It really isn't that hard of a concept. I am saying Tua looking the other way contributed to his brain fart. Get it?

vCash

If Tua doesn't look the other way, then what does the Safety do on that play? I understand coverage. It really isn't that hard of a concept. I am saying Tua looking the other way contributed to his brain fart. Get it?
    That's what confused me during this whole thread... I my mind, it's not like 1) blowing a coverage and 2) getting baited/tricked are mutually exclusive...

No.

vCash

Every QB the Safety plays against looks the other way on deeper routes. He made no false steps toward the middle of the field- so he wasnt "looked off" is all I'm saying. His poor drop is hard to explain given that he has to see that the X is driving hard. Could he have thought they were in C-4 and didnt drop as hard because of the TE crossing? That could explain his actions a little better but CB obviously thought they were in C-2 because if they are in C-4 he never checks up.

Yua knew he was throwing to the X off of his pre-snap read though most likely because of the position of the safety- even with him bailing back to the hash right before the snap.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Every QB the Safety plays against looks the other way on deeper routes. He made no false steps toward the middle of the field- so he wasnt "looked off" is all I'm saying. His poor drop is hard to explain given that he has to see that the X is driving hard. Could he have thought they were in C-4 and didnt drop as hard because of the TE crossing? That could explain his actions a little better but CB obviously thought they were in C-2 because if they are in C-4 he never checks up.

Yua knew he was throwing to the X off of his pre-snap read though most likely because of the position of the safety- even with him bailing back to the hash right before the snap.
    If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the corner throw up his hands in disgust? Bout 99% sure it was cover 2 cause the cb was pissed he didn’t get the help over the top like he was supposed to have. Safety screwed the pooch. It’s his job to not “get looked off” and take care of his responsibility. Safety may have been looking toward the trips side because qb was looking that way initially and the wr on his side got by him. But no matter what the safety was looking at or doing, he failed in his responsibility to cover his deep half.