Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs vs USA

vCash
    Delete. I said something mean
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 03-12-2024 at 10:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    LOL you couldn't be more wrong.

You're a pathetic excuse for a fan
    Haha. Sure I am. I care about National Championships. I also pay the bills. So yeah, I'm a pathetic fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's more than 3 but it's definitely a problem that we have as many people as we do that care more about a sport that doesn't really matter than a better revenue producing sport that can get us much greater publicity if we win.
    Winning at basketball is so much better for Mississippi State than winning at baseball but we have way too many fans that just don't ****ing get it.
    This. It's a shame more don't understand this

vCash
    Stupid take. Like I feel sorry for you. It can't be fun living life this dumb.
    You are a great person. Thanks for being so awesome.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You are a great person. Thanks for being so awesome.
    You're welcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    It's more than 3 but it's definitely a problem that we have as many people as we do that care more about a sport that doesn't really matter than a better revenue producing sport that can get us much greater publicity if we win.
    Winning at basketball is so much better for Mississippi State than winning at baseball but we have way too many fans that just don't ****ing get it.
    Baseball is the only reason anyone in the country knows who Mississippi State is. I would love to win at basketball. I would watch if we didn't suck so bad. I watched the women when we were good. I pay a lot of money to MSU sports. But at the end of the day, Baseball is the only sport anyone knows us for. We need to put all our eggs in that basket. Win 7-8 a year in football and throw that money at Baseball. Win National Championships.

vCash
    Baseball is the only reason anyone in the country knows who Mississippi State is. I would love to win at basketball. I would watch if we didn't suck so bad. I watched the women when we were good. I pay a lot of money to MSU sports. But at the end of the day, Baseball is the only sport anyone knows us for. We need to put all our eggs in that basket. Win 7-8 a year in football and throw that money at Baseball. Win National Championships.
    More people watched us play in the women's basketball championship game vs Notre Dame than the baseball national championship game vs Vandy. A lot more. 3.5 million to 1.6 million. Not even close.

You could not be more wrong. Baseball is 4th in terms of exposure behind football, men's basketball, and women's basketball. No one cares about baseball besides the southeast.

vCash
    More people watched us play in the women's basketball championship game vs Notre Dame than the baseball national championship game vs Vandy. A lot more. 3.5 million to 1.6 million. Not even close.

You could not be more wrong. Baseball is 4th in terms of exposure behind football, men's basketball, and women's basketball. No one cares about baseball besides the southeast.

Please stop spreading your stupidity to others. Hog it to yourself.
    I hope you can't reproduce.

vCash
    Man, where's Rodney King when you need him saying "Can't we all just get along?". I would hope as MSU fans we want all our sports teams to win regardless of the sport. That said, people have different interests in different sports and there is no rule as to why anyone should choose to like one sport over another. Yes, basketball produces more revenue than baseball and it definitely draws more attention to more people across the nation when we are good in basketball than baseball BUT some fans like to win big and historically we have had a much higher ceiling of success in baseball than basketball. We've only made it past the Sweet Sixteen in basketball once in school history while we've made the CWS (Elite eight so to speak) 12 times in baseball. I personally think NIL and the transfer portal is making it harder for us to win in the SEC in both football AND basketball. With less national fan interest in baseball, its not affected as much except for a very few players.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-12-2024 at 10:10 PM.

vCash
    I hope you can't reproduce.
    I'm not the one arguing that the only reason people know of Mississippi State is because of baseball. I presented you with actual data to explain why that's not true. You can love baseball. That's perfectly fine. I love it too. But no one gives a shit about baseball other than a small portion of the country. 1 basketball national championship is equal to about 5 baseball championships. 1 football championship is equal to about 15 baseball championships. I'm sorry you said something foolish and have gotten roasted for it but I hope you learn from it and be better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Man, where's Rodney King when you need him saying "Can't we all just get along?". I would hope as MSU fans we want all our sports teams to win regardless of the sport. That said, people have different interests in different sports and there is no rule as to why anyone should choose to like one sport over another. Yes, basketball produces more revenue than baseball and it definitely draws more attention to more people across the nation when we are good in basketball than baseball BUT some fans like to win big and historically we have had a much higher ceiling of success in baseball than basketball. We've only made it past the Sweet Sixteen in basketball once in school history while we've made the CWS (Elite eight so to speak) 12 times in baseball.
    No one is arguing the success baseball has over basketball. Nobody. And people enjoying other sports more than others is perfectly fine. Again, not arguing that.

But to say foolish things like baseball is the only reason people know who MSU is and that we should directo our money only to football and baseball is just foolish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    And there is the problem with our poverty program. Because unfortunately you are correct. We have way more people that give a flying 17 about a baseball program, that has been in the toilet since July of 2021, winning a meaningless Tuesday game instead of a program that actually makes money getting back to the tournament for the second straight year.
    What happened to the Miskelly's?

I'm tired of seeing MSU fans try to make it basketball vs baseball. We can be good and thrive at both. Being good at both is what is good for MSU.

Just because Cohen didn't put enough into basketball doesn't mean hey let's shit all over baseball now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Man, where's Rodney King when you need him saying "Can't we all just get along?". I would hope as MSU fans we want all our sports teams to win regardless of the sport. That said, people have different interests in different sports and there is no rule as to why anyone should choose to like one sport over another. Yes, basketball produces more revenue than baseball and it definitely draws more attention to more people across the nation when we are good in basketball than baseball BUT some fans like to win big and historically we have had a much higher ceiling of success in baseball than basketball. We've only made it past the Sweet Sixteen in basketball once in school history while we've made the CWS (Elite eight so to speak) 12 times in baseball.
    Most of us absolutely love MSU sports. I cheer State when I see us playing softball on TV. I only truly care about football and Baseball but I cheer for them all. I recently made a big pledge to our baseball program.
    Our democratic fans love to attack individuals. It's what they do.

vCash
    I'm not the one arguing that the only reason people know of Mississippi State is because of baseball. I presented you with actual data to explain why that's not true. You can love baseball. That's perfectly fine. I love it too. But no one gives a shit about baseball other than a small portion of the country. 1 basketball national championship is equal to about 5 baseball championships. 1 football championship is equal to about 15 baseball championships. I'm sorry you said something foolish and have gotten roasted for it but I hope you learn from it and be better
    We will NEVER win that one basketball c. We will win many baseball championships if we try.

vCash
    Lol. Who roasted me??? You??? No one cares about what you.

vCash
    We will NEVER win that one basketball c. We will win many baseball championships if we try.
    That's not the point and you know it isn't. We'll never win one in football either, but you don't just quit investing.

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 03-12-2024 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    That's not the point and you know it isn't. We'll never win one in football either, but you don't just quit investing.
    I agree with you here. We must invest because football pays the bills.

vCash
    I agree with you here. We must invest because football pays the bills.
    Exactly. Basketball pays bills too. More so than baseball. Which is why giving all of its money to baseball is not smart