Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swag not invited to NFL Combine.

vCash

Swag not invited to NFL Combine.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Not at all surprising to me. Never been more obvious that a QB didn't have the mental toughness or commitment to succeed in the NFL. Between the problems at Clemson, the Buffalo night club incident, the leaked weed smoking on Instagram, his rap sheet is pretty long. That doesn't even account for the fact that he comes from a Playstation offense that doesn't even remotely prepare any QB's for the NFL.

vCash
    Yeah I'm not surprised either. It was very obvious for a number of reasons that he barely had the head to play college football. He'd be absolutely and hopelessly lost at the NFL level.

I've said several times that I'm impressed Freeze was able to scheme to get as much production out of him as he did.

vCash
    I'm sure the NFL scouts looked at Freeze's masterful coaching successes with Lil' Kimchee and Big "I'd Have To Say Yeah" Softy and knew exactly what they were gonna get with Swag.

The word in the NFL is Freeze can't get 'em ready for grownup football.

vCash
    Maybe he can play TE for somebody since our TE decided to play QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Maybe he can play TE for somebody since our TE decided to play QB.
    Lol.

vCash
    What's happening to Shea Patterson over there is criminal. He really needs to transfer to a place that will develop him a little.

vCash
    I would have been more surprised if he had been invited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    What's happening to Shea Patterson over there is criminal. He really needs to transfer to a place that will develop him a little.
    This statement is one of the many reasons why our school and fan base is and always will be head and shoulders above OM. You see talent in a kid who plays for the hated in-state rival and want better for him because you know that he won't develop where he is. I don't know if this is what you meant or not, but it's how I perceived it. OM wouldn't give a damn one way or another.

vCash
    He's 6'1 tops with a terrible throwing motion and release point. NFL scouts are red flagging him. Short QB release point gets picked apart and he gets damn near sidearm with way too much regularity. Very sloppy mechanics. Don't think his schtick will play in NFL lockerooms for a 3rd string QB at absolute best. I'd be surprised if he makes a roster.

vCash
    But....but, he was better than Dak! So was Bo Wallace. These NFL GM's must have a vendetta against Ole Miss.***

vCash
    Besides the obvious personality traits he also never met a throw he didn't like. In college he got lucky quite a few times just trying to throw it in there or throw it up for grabs to good receivers. Professional defensive backs would humiliate him more often than not. He can spin the ball though.

vCash
    Wonder if the Bills use a 7th round selection on him, just because of who is uncle is.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Wonder if the Bills use a 7th round selection on him, just because of who is uncle is.....
    You have to wonder if Jim is ever going to get tired of taking up for his complete screw up of a nephew.

vCash
    I thought he was a for sure first round draft pick****************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiral View Post
    Besides the obvious personality traits he also never met a throw he didn't like. In college he got lucky quite a few times just trying to throw it in there or throw it up for grabs to good receivers. Professional defensive backs would humiliate him more often than not. He can spin the ball though.
    Yep. He got bailed out on many passes by his receivers, who also likely won't play in the NFL because they are clueless about the nuances of the position.

NFL scouts are also picking apart Evan Engram right now, as he mostly ran slants and stops at OM, lacks quickness in and out of his breaks, and never met a block he likes.

vCash
    Are they still debating who the best #10 is ?? Honestly some of those stupid ****s actually thought Swag > Eli.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-15-2017 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    Wait....you mean throwing 50/50 balls in a playground offense doesn't prepare you for the NFL?**

vCash
    Some y'all are hitting on type other big thing. If you're a QB who wants to get to the NFL and decide to play in Hugh Freeze's system, that's like taking remedial math and thinking that will make you a chemical engineer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    heck he can't be any worse than what they already have. Dam they can get him and String fellow pretty dam cheap.