Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
We defnitely are showing some improvement there. We aren't what I would consider clutch, but close games are toss ups for us now, where as we were losing way more than our fair share of them the last two years. Some of that was a pitching talent issue, but a lot of it was just being mentally weak (granted when you know you can't trust your pitching, I can see how that causes players to get tight and press in the field and at the plate in close games).

We can no longer be counted on to fold in a tight situation. That's a major improvement. And with how fast that improvement came, maybe by the end of the year we will be one of those teams that is able to step up when in tight games and win more than our fair share of them.
Define clutch for me. Yeah, we were 1-7 in one run games coming into the weekend. I think 4 of those losses were games we were behind by more than 1 and cut the lead to 1.
Is clutch being 2nd in the SEC in hitting with runners on base (.338)? Or is it being in 2nd in hitting with RISP (.364)? Maybe its hitting 4th in the league with the bases loaded (.357)?
Maybe it is leading the league in Pinch-Hitting Avg. (.400)? Or hitting a 2nd best .313 with 2 outs?

I'm kind of at a loss here so, fill me in.