Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Media Slowly Starting to Figure Out How Good Mullen Has it at MSU?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Arkansas should really join the Big 12 if they truly want to win. Yeah yeah I know they won't give up the money train but it's a better fit and would give that conference more credibility. Then we could go get FSU, and move Mizzouri to the West.

I never understand this line of thinking. Why do we want the SEC to get harder? It's hard enough to win now.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    With Texas A&M going to the SEC, Missouri going to the SEC, & TCU going to the Big 12, Arkansas' recruiting base has been decimated. It is easily the hardest place in the SEC West to win. Arkansas has to go to Dallas, KC, Tulsa, etc to get players. Within the area size of that triangle, MSU recruits it's entire roster.

Since 1990 Ole Miss has been a harder place to win at than MSU as well.

For whatever reason, the media still leans on historical records & not records over the past decade or 20 years. At what point does our success become our history?
    We still recruit better than Missouri and TCU. Honestly our Texas recruiting hasn't been what it was in the SWC long before all of that. We still normally have a top 25 class but we aren't going to get any players that A&M or UT want anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    We still recruit better than Missouri and TCU. Honestly our Texas recruiting hasn't been what it was in the SWC long before all of that. We still normally have a top 25 class but we aren't going to get any players that A&M or UT want anymore.
    I agree that you still recruit better than TCU & Missouri, but those program upgrade in status has caused you guys to lose a guy or two a year that you used to get.

Just saying that Arkansas' lack of a local recruiting foot print has made it the hardest job in the SEC West. I'd say it's still better than Kentucky, Vandy, & Mizzou though

vCash
    Haha, This is hilarious.

Oh man, that?s so great! Did you tweet him this?? What a POS!

vCash
    Listening to ignorant Feldman right now on Finebaum, &, while he is still spouting the ridiculous narrative that MSU is toughest place to win the SEC West, even he just acknowledged that Mullen is in a really good spot at MSU & Tennessee may not be a good enough job to leave MSU for.

Yesterday, a national writer wrote an article about the conundrum of Dan Mullen, which is Tennessee may be a slightly better job than MSU but Dan has a top 10 caliber team returning next season & why would someone leave a chance to win the SEC for a job that is a rebuild that may eventually give him a better chance of winning the SEC?

Peter Burns tweeted this today

I realize there is a lot of noise right now & most of the people making the noise don't realize the advantages of the MSU job & have probably not been to Starkville in 10+ years.

I realize it is small, but it appears like there has been a slight change in the wind today. Like perhaps people are starting to realize that MSU is damn good college football job that can compete at the highest of levels & then asking why would someone leave that for a rebuild & the pressure at Tennessee or Florida?

Interesting

Ain't it nice that this sports writer has realized what Dan already knows!

Respect is a difficult thing to acquire, and it can't (Wink Wink OM) be bought.

vCash
    Listening to ignorant Feldman right now on Finebaum, &, while he is still spouting the ridiculous narrative that MSU is toughest place to win the SEC West, even he just acknowledged that Mullen is in a really good spot at MSU & Tennessee may not be a good enough job to leave MSU for.

Yesterday, a national writer wrote an article about the conundrum of Dan Mullen, which is Tennessee may be a slightly better job than MSU but Dan has a top 10 caliber team returning next season & why would someone leave a chance to win the SEC for a job that is a rebuild that may eventually give him a better chance of winning the SEC?

Peter Burns tweeted this today

I realize there is a lot of noise right now & most of the people making the noise don't realize the advantages of the MSU job & have probably not been to Starkville in 10+ years.

I realize it is small, but it appears like there has been a slight change in the wind today. Like perhaps people are starting to realize that MSU is damn good college football job that can compete at the highest of levels & then asking why would someone leave that for a rebuild & the pressure at Tennessee or Florida?

Interesting
    I think some of that is the ?electric atmosphere? that has been catching on the last few years. Plus our Bama game was the highest rated game this season so even more got to see and hear that ?electric atmosphere?!

vCash
    Haha, This is hilarious.

Did Dan pee in Feldman?s Cheerios? Geez he?s got an agenda on mullen.

Banned
    vCash
    Remember a few years ago when the media was talking about how every coach in the SEC West paid their coach 4 million, and something would have to give? Well, LSU, Texas A&M, Arkansas and Ole Miss balloon popped, in that order in terms of severity.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    I never understand this line of thinking. Why do we want the SEC to get harder? It's hard enough to win now.
    I don't WANT it to happen, from my selfish POV. I'm simply saying I could see that as semi-logical for Arkansas, if I was in their position (sans SEC money). Who knows what the next round of alignment brings, the money may dry up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgPoundtheRock View Post
    Maybe a few members of the media are starting to get it, but mark my words, after SEC media days next summer, our preseason projection will be no higher than 5th in the west.
    I hope so. Feed that fire!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Arkansas is the toughest place to win in the West, and our weight room is one of the nicest around.
    True, but only for about 3 more weeks.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Did Dan pee in Feldman?s Cheerios? Geez he?s got an agenda on mullen.
    You have it wrong. Feldman is making Dan money. Dan loves Feldmam

vCash
    You have it wrong. Feldman is making Dan money. Dan loves Feldmam
    Lol didn?t think about it like that.

vCash
    I agree that you still recruit better than TCU & Missouri, but those program upgrade in status has caused you guys to lose a guy or two a year that you used to get.

Just saying that Arkansas' lack of a local recruiting foot print has made it the hardest job in the SEC West. I'd say it's still better than Kentucky, Vandy, & Mizzou though
    Arkansas isn't that much smaller then Mississippi and they are the school in that state you would think they could find 25 real good guys out of all their high school each. Not saying your are wrong it just a shame Arkansas can't produce enough talented guys if true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Doesn't look like yall recruit any where near as well as TCU the last few years to me
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I think the main reason we see Mullen's name pop up in the regional (SEC) media is because State has a large online presence. Especially Twitter and Facebook. Probably has to do with being the predominant university in the state but I feel like a lot of times we are just being trolled with the same ole tired "Mullen to X", "Mullen to Y". because it's guaranteed clicks for hack journalists like Sallalee, Finebaum etc. Also gives them an easy headline without having to do their job. I guess we can thank the #msumafia for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Arkansas isn't that much smaller then Mississippi and they are the school in that state you would think they could find 25 real good guys out of all their high school each. Not saying your are wrong it just a shame Arkansas can't produce enough talented guys if true.
    The demographics and football culture are significantly different. Everything west of Little Rock is east TN 2.0 and they lack nearby cities like Memphis, BHam, Mobile, or NO to draw from. It’s apples and oranges compared to us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lol didn?t think about it like that.
    Dan loves PF, more.... You cats win out (big), and he gone be like:

"It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Dan loves PF, more.... You cats win out (big), and he gone be like:

I should?ve known. Always follow the money lol! Yep he gone get paid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Good points, Jack, however, it depends on "what level" at which one wants to be... eg: if Arkie got the "best 20" out of Arkie, they'd still be a crap program... in small pop states (AL, MS, AR, etc), if ya wanna truly excel, you only want the top 5-10 guys in state... then pilfer elsewhere... pick up 2 in LA, 1 in AR, 1 in MS, etc et al...

My thoughts, anyway....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17