Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
Here's the question. How much is prior performance taken into this? I would be interested to know the weight on how much overachieving/underachieving previous win total expectations. I have to feel that as a betting person if someone showed me the talent of this team and I had to say this team either goes 7-5 or 9-3, I'm taking 9-3.

Better chances we lose to Bama, Auburn, and LSU, or better chances we lose to Bama, Auburn, LSU, Kansas State, and TAMU? I think the former is much more likely.

I'll also add that I'm shocked at the amount of emphasis being placed on the head coaching change. It happened very early in the process and everyone said home run hire. Now everyone is saying well subtract a win because new head coach new scheme new staff. I wonder if the media realizes how much worse our previous staff, at least on paper, was to this staff in terms of experience and cache.
Well even based on the numbers above, there's a good bit higher chance of 9-3 than 7-5, but both seem like pretty realistic chances.